Betrayal

The keys rustled into the lock of his apartment door. He twisted said lock and opened his door.

"Hey-"

The brunette was about to greet Nagito, his loving boyfriend who was always in the kitchen to greet him when he came home. Curious, the brunette glanced down at his wrist, his heterochromatic eyes landing on the watch.

'Hmm, I'm not late nor early. Where the hell could he be?'

Hajime frowned in worry. 'Did he go out? Why didn't he text me?'

He trusted his boyfriend to go outside alone, he knew he shouldn't have to worry, but he still did. After all, Nagito was still recovering from his cancer, which had gone away, hopefully for good, only five months ago. It was the five months anniversary today, actually.

Hajime smiled to himself at the thought.

He put the grocery bags on the table. He had bought many ingredients to cook Nagito's favorite dinner, as well as cake mix. Last time the couple had tried to bake a cake, it had ended in such a mess that their entire kitchen ended up covered in cake mix, flour and eggs, a true battlefield. But this time, Hajime was determined to make it work.

Hajime also wanted to make up for the last few weeks.

Naegi had given him a much more important load of work recently, so there was multiple times where he would have to stay at the office until late in the night, only coming back at 11 or 12 in the morning. Each time, Nagito was there to greet him. It made Hajime feel guilty; he knew Nagito needed rest and yet, the other insisted on staying awake, as stubborn as he was.

He took a deep breath as he removed his coat.

He hung it in the small wardrobe and then removed his shoes, before heading to the kitchen.

That's when he heard a sound coming from down the hall, where their bedroom was.

Hajime slapped his forehead in disappointment. 'Of course, he has to be in the bedroom if he's not here.'

Hajime walked down the corridor, slowly coming up to the closed bedroom door. As he neared it, he started hearing muffled sounds and weird shifting noises.

He frowned, before opening the door.

...

Hajime never thought he would see his best friend and boyfriend like this. Never in a million years. Not after every moment spent in their company.

He saw their bodies tangled together, Nagito's naked body above the pink haired Ultimate Gamer, rocking back and forth in a sickening movement.

Hajime felt like throwing up.

He felt the bile coming up his throat as he felt the tears sting the corners of his eyes. And then, rage slowly built up inside of him, overpowering any of the sadness and despair he'd been feeling just a few seconds ago.

"Are you kidding me. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"

The two figures let out startled gasps, twisting around to face Hajime. Chiaki had lifted herself up with shaky arms, her naked body now completely exposed and Nagito was completely turned around now, facing Hajime, completely naked. Hajime had never seen such an horrified expression on their faces.

Hajime couldn't take it anymore and walked out of the room at a rapid pace. If he had stayed there just a second longer, he would have surely said something he would regret.

"Hajime!"

The white haired man struggled to get dressed up as he walked after his boyfriend. The gamer had also hopped off the bed in a hurry, now putting on her underwear and grabbing her clothes, sliding them on as she followed Nagito.

"H-Hajime please! P-please l-listen to me, I-"

"Shut the fuck up! I don't want to hear it!"

The brunette twisted around and stopped walking brutally as he reached the front door. Tears were violently sliding down his cheeks and his lips were trembling.

Nagito's eyes were also filled with tears and Chiaki, behind him, was looking at the floor, eyes filled with guilt.

"You..."

Hajime let out a choked sob, which earned a panicked and distressed look from his boyfriend. Nagito's fade grey eyes were circled with heavy bags and decorated with heavy tears threatening to fall down a any time.

"You could have just told me you were sick of me! But no! You decide to fucking cheat on me behind my back! And Chiaki! Does Sonia know about this?! How long has this been going on huh? HUH?!"

"Hajime please, let me ex-"

Hajime cut him off and imitated him.

"'Please, let me explain, I'm so sorry I cheated on you with your best friend!' FUCK OFF! I don't want to fucking hear it since you're obviously not sorry!"

Hajime wiped his eyes with the back of his hand as he took a deep breath, before lashing out.

"Did the last five fucking years mean nothing to you?! All the times I held you, all the moments we had, all the times we kissed in that same bed you just finished having sex with Chiaki, all the times I let you cry on my shoulder when you needed it and all the times you felt at your lowest and I was there to comfort you; did it all just fucking flew out of the window?! And you, Chiaki! I thought you were my best friend, but apparently, you clearly weren't! Wow! Another 7 years of friendship that's completely meaningless now, amazing!

When he was done, Hajime saw Nagito slowly reach out his hand and grab his wrist. Both Nagito and Chiaki were a complete mess by now, after hearing Hajime's words, crying, shaking and spluttering apologies non stop.

Hajime ripped his hand away from Nagito, almost feeling sick from the gesture. He didn't know if he felt sick from Nagito touching him, or if he felt sick knowing Nagito couldn't be trusted anymore. Yet, he couldn't help the words from leaving his mouth.

"Don't fucking touch me. And leave me alone. Forever. I don't want to see any of you ever again."

Hajime stormed to his room after that, followed by Nagito.

He grabbed his bag and started stuffing his clothes in it, emptying the drawers containing his clothes.

"Hajime! Please, listen to me!"

"No, Nagito! I'm not fucking listening!"

But Nagito ignored him.

"I'm sorry, Hajime please I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was doing and-"

He was cut off by a choked sob escaping his lips, followed by continuous sobbing. He tried to reach for Hajime, but everytime, Hajime pushed him away.

That was until he'd packed everything and started heading for the front door.

"No! Please Hajime, please don't leave me. I'm sorry, this is such a selfish request but please, I need you. Please Hajime, I'll d-"

The brunette finished putting on his shoes, grabbed his coat and opened the door.

He turned back one last time to look at his now ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend.

"We're over, Nagito. Goodbye, Chiaki."

With that, the brunette slammed the door behind him.

He let the tears fall down endlessly as the pain of what had just happened fell on him. He barely made it outside of the building before he broke down into tears.