CHAPTER 5! usually, she'd at least reply when he bothered her

ONCE MORE TO SEE YOU ★﹚

CHERRY WALKED BESIDE HER FRIENDS!

the trio entered made their way into the louvre museum.

"can you believe it? all i gotta do is find out who this history book belongs to and bam, i figure out ladybug's true identity! i'm so on this one!" alya grinned, making her way down the stairs.

"you really think you can figure out who ladybug is from a textbook that every high school student owns?" marinette questioned her.

"yep. 'cause our school is the only school that uses that book! ha! so, all i gotta do is find out which girl in tenth grade lost her book last week. there are forty-three girls, not counting myself-" alya began to theorize.

"forty-one, not counting any of us." marinette corrected.

"or mia." cherry agreed, waving her friend over.

"what's up, mia!" alya greeted. "the only one i trust. yesterday, you two didn't have your textbooks in class."

"uh, i left it at home. you know how i always forget my stuff!" marinette defended herself nervously,

"i don't ever bring my stuff, i copy off of adrien." cherry reminded.

"you should really start doing your own homework." mia advised.

"probably." cherry nodded.

"i'm messing with you guys. of course i'll only drop you from my investigation when you bring your history book back to class." alya's tone shifted from friendly to suspicious in the matter of a few seconds.

a man wearing a scarf ran in between the group of girls, carrying a thick folder.

he pushed past them and tripped, his papers flying everywhere. a pendant hanging around his neck fell, and he rushed to pick it up.

"it's not broken!" the guy spoke, relief coating his tone.

"uh, i'm okay too, thanks for asking." alya mumbled bitterly.

"i'm sorry. hey, you're in the same grade as alix, right? i'm her older brother, jalil kubdel. so you're into tutankhamun too?" jalil introduced, and then looked up. "dad!"

cherry watched him walk away quickly.

"i'm having a lot of fun." mia nodded. "this is exactly what i wanted to go out for."

"right. so again girl, why are we here? this exhibit's got something to do with ladybug? for real?" alya looked over at marinette.

"well, uh.." marinette eyes the entire exhibit. "yeah, it's over there."

the trio followed after marinette. she led them to an egyptian papyrus. alya didn't seem too interested.

a couple moments passed. none of the girls understood what was so important about this, not even marinette.