Wattpad Original
Deft finns 79 flera gratis delar

hard work

noun ~ a great deal of effort or endurance

NOVA

I can't feel my legs.

My chest is so tight I think it might constrict on itself.

I can't breathe.

I think dying would be easier.

I've run seven miles and I do not know how I am going to do the next three. Most of the other females are no doubt finished by now. With Sean, I can accomplish the five-mile mark in twenty minutes, so, in theory, I would complete ten in forty minutes. Thanks to being a werewolf, we were fast predators. But I still had three miles to go, and I was approaching the twenty-five minute mark.

I may be a werewolf and it comes naturally, but I'm not strong enough as a human. The other girls would finish this in half an hour easily, being better trained than me. My wolf would happily take over, but we are told no wolf, so human me it is. Which I'm okay with to be fair.

'Come on, you can do it. Two more to go.' My wolf's voice encourages me on.

I'll show them all that I can run it. Despite their concern for me. I was a powerful wolf. I may look feeble, but I was determined.

I let out a ragged breath and continued my way around the forest. I didn't know this trail well since I usually stopped halfway, but I continued to follow the scent of the others. They all appeared to be in a herd, only a few ahead of the pack.

One more mile.

One more.

Sweat was pouring down my face and dripping from my lip. My t-shirt was sticking to me uncomfortably, and I knew I was going to have to take it off. It was white and practically see-through now, anyway.

My feet staggered as I gasped for breath. I was barely jogging now. The clearing approached and I could see girls already there and stretching their legs. I could hear them laughing and I felt so self-conscious knowing I'd have to approach them on my own.

Stumbling through the break in the trees, I slowed myself to a stop. Even though I was jogging, it still made me stumble. Pins and needles started up my ankles and my thighs quivered beneath me.

I was bent over my knees, forcing back the bile as I tried to catch my breath.

'You did it!' My wolf yipped.

I gasped a thanks to her, swallowing harshly. I shakily straightened myself out, pulling off the suffocating fabric of my t-shirt. Wrapping my arms around my waist, I slowly made my way over to the group.

There was a woman who stood in the front, seeming to lead the others in some short, high-intensity workouts. Looks like I missed the ten-minute break.

Phoenix was not around, but I could sense he was nearby. I turned myself into the humming of the mate bond and it told me to look towards the men. My eyes searched through the crowd until I found him.

My breath caught, and my eyes widened at the sight. I'd be practically drooling if it wasn't for the fact I was dehydrated. Phoenix was working out. He had a few men around him cheering him on as he benched some weights. I could see the sweat dripping down his neck and unconsciously ran my tongue across my lips.

I cursed and looked away. Images of him lifting me that way filled my head, my wolf encouraging the thoughts. I shouldn't be drooling over him right now... but maybe just one more look wouldn't hurt.

As I looked up, he put the weight bar down; the heaviness making the bench sag into the ground. They were lucky that part was tarmac. He sat up from the bench before pulling his shirt over his head. I couldn't take my eyes off his upper body as he pulled the fabric from his skin.