ONE

She screamed. Her knees trembled like thin branches under too much weight. She no longer felt it, she no longer felt her child. Her tear-flooded face showed one of the most desperate looks anyone had ever seen. Again she pressed her eyelids together and screamed in desperation. Her knees gave way and immediately dug into the sandy shore of the lake. She must have injured herself, and red-mottled sand was scattered around her legs. She didn't care that her clothes were soaked, because she was still looking for the feeling that she was missing. Whimpering, desperate and devastated, she stared into the black water. The distorted reflection showed her in what condition she was in. She bent her head back, tears ran down her cheek. A splash. She was frightened and her eyes widened, but she had to blink twice to see something, it was dark. She looked out over the lake and could just make out how the water circles were expanding. She held onto her stomach and pressed her hand even tighter against it. She could not expose her already weak child to any further danger. A man crouched on a large rock that jutted far out of the water at the other end of the lake. He was dressed all in black. Black trousers, a dark gray shirt and a long jet black coat, with thin silver chains that shimmered in the dull moonlight. He looked into the water and his jet black hair fell into his face, the light skin made an incredible contrast to his hair. At first she thought he was homeless, but when he looked up, she saw the purple glowing eyes with slits for pupils. A demon. His aura streamed over to her and she began to tremble. He was powerful. But she felt another pain in her abdomen.

"No, don't!" She sobbed softly and looked at her stomach, suddenly her eyes widened because she had thought of something. The child inside had only one chance, but it turned around and was about to disappear.

"Wait! Please. Help me. ", She pleaded and tried to get up, the demon turned his head to her and his eyes shone menacingly.

"Why should I help a weak human woman?", He snorted contemptuously and went further into the darkness.

“I'll give you anything you want, anything. Please save the child in me! ", She screamed in despair and her tears flooded her face again. The demon was gone, she cried and drew a rune in the sand.

"HA that should bring me to it.", He laughed contemptuously and was already standing diagonally behind her.

"I'll make a pack. I'll give you everything you want. ", She pleaded and stood shakily on her legs," You can have everything. I just want this child. "

"What could you give me ...", he snorted amused, he had no intention of making a Deal, especially not if he couldn't expect anything from it. He wanted to leave her behind, but just as he was about to disappear, he heard something.

He hesitated, had he imagined it? Luca felt the throbbing again. It was the child. The unborn child did not want to die, it had used its last strength to call for help. The woman didn't respond to the knocking, she couldn't hear it. Only powerful beings could feel it. He quickly stood next to the woman. When she started to back away, he held her tightly in his grasp. With a push he touched her stomach. Again he felt the throbbing. The child was a normal person. It wasn't anything special. So why? He made up his mind.

“I will save the child. For that I ask for a promise. It's mine. ", He said and the woman was startled, trying to understand what he had said.

"But what do you want ..." she asked hesitantly, looking confused around the area, but he refused to make promises. 

"I won't kill it ... I promise no more," he said sharply and exacerbated his gaze. The moonlight was darkened by a large cloud, the young woman looked at her stomach and melted away with doubt, but when she felt another small pain in herself, she consented. He drew his mark on her hand and almost knocked her over. As she sat on the floor, he indicated that she should lie down. Luca put a hand on her stomach and looked for the child's sign of life. It was dark under his closed lids, but then he found what he was looking for. A little flame of life glowed in her, it was small and would die shortly, so he had to kindle it again. He took his hand away and tapped his own life energy. In the case of a strong demon like Luca, this only caused damage for a few days, but this life energy made it possible for people to live when they are close to death. A lot of his energy, and thus a piece of himself, gathered in the palm of his hand. The violet glowing light blinded the young woman and illuminated the whole area around the lake. It swirled and crept around his palms like living fire. After a moment he pressed that very fire into the belly of the young woman in front of him. She groaned in pain but passed out shortly afterwards. Luca still had his hand on her stomach, but he was listening, he was waiting. Perhaps his scrap of energy was too strong for an unborn child. Soon he sighed, he felt it, he felt the child. And found himself developing more and more interest in it. The mother was weak and therefore her blood slack, but the child had shown strength by calling a demon for help.