Wattpad Original
There are 75 more free parts

breaking point

noun ~ the moment of greatest strain as which something or someone gives way

NOVA

"Alpha's leaving in five minutes." Sean's voice met my ears.

I sleepily turned to see him standing in my doorway. Frowning, I glanced at the time on my watch to see it was seven o'clock at night. I turned to see Molly passed out asleep on my bed, crumbs lining her chest.

With a quiet grunt, I got up from where I lay and dragged myself to the bathroom. I lazily relieved myself and glanced briefly at the mess of a ponytail on my head. Grumbling about being exhausted from this morning, I fixed it into a bun to hide the tangles. I needed a haircut, but the emotional tie to my shield of hair was too strong.

I left Molly in my room, moving quietly to not disturb her. I shut the door softly before slumping my forehead against Sean's arm, wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep. My wolf was excited to see her mate again, but honestly, Phoenix gave me whiplash.

"Come on, lazy butt." Sean chuckled, patting my head.

His hand grasped my forearm as he dragged me down the first flight of stairs. When we approached the balcony that overlooked the front door, I saw Phoenix standing in the hall, surrounded by a few other wolves. I assumed they were the warriors he was taking with him, going by the size of them. One of them was Michael, and I noticed he recognised me with wide eyes before looking away.

"Dragging me out of bed for this," I grumbled as we hit the ground floor.

'Don't you want to say goodbye to your mate?' Sean teased.

"Out of my mind poop-face." I growled.

He just chuckled as I walked away from him. We approached the group of wolves slowly and Phoenix's attention was immediately on me. I saw him frown down at my appearance and even half asleep; I knew I looked like a bird's nest.

"What's she doing here?" A nasal voice grunted.

Jade. Oh, how I hate that woman now.

Sean rolled his eyes, standing as a wall as I leaned against him. Surely, I could just close my eyes one more moment?

"She's with me, and we are here to say goodbye to Alpha Titan," Sean huffed. "What are you doing here? You're not a warrior."

She grimaced and stared down at me. "So? I came to give my goodbyes to Alpha, too."

My wolf growled in my mind, and I tensed. She wouldn't, would she? I mean, he wouldn't? Surely? My mate and her?

My eyes turned to find Phoenix still fixated on me, his pretty hazel eyes staring right into my own. It was quiet for a moment as we just studied each other, not a feeling of tension to be found. It was quite nice observing him with no strained emotions.

Sean cleared his throat, shifting his weight. Phoenix's eyes snapped to the motion as if realising our closeness. A small, low grumble left his lips as he glared at Sean. But Sean just laughed, discreetly making sure we weren't touching.

Satisfied, Phoenix's eyes turned back to me and glanced at me from head to toe. I shuffled onto one hip, wondering why I'm really here... when I could be in bed!

'Male wolves.' My wolf grumbled.

I really need a name for her.

'Wolfie, do you have a name?' I wondered.

'A name of my choosing, no, but the moon goddess gave me one.' She whimpered.

Well, I want to hear it. I cooed.