Chapter twelve

I stood my by room's window looking out. The weather was fair, just what we needed. The place looked peaceful and green. The mountains highlighted the extent to the land me had. I was proud to say that I was alpha of this place.

The pack house was surrounded my houses that belonged to the pack. The houses were built in a way that they formed a semi circle around the pack house. The houses were lined one Infront of another. The lines were five, and each line has ten houses.

The pack had one hundred families and werewolves just love filling the earth. I find it interesting that they have the love for bringing life into the world.

I let out a tired sigh cause I was imagining all the work that awaits me. I had seized my search. The moment I left the demon's kingdom, I was all forms of tired. Emotionally, physically and psychologically. I was tired of the riddles and the prophecies, I just wanted him back.

I was tired of searching for someone I wasn't meant to find, maybe he didn't want to be found. Which was sad. I was very sure that our connection was rekindled some kind of way. It hurt that I couldn't find him when I need him the most.

I had returned to the past less than a week ago. The pack had already been informed of the situation. I was planning on been active in the pack once again. I didn't want to lose something I have, wishing to have something I lost.

I made arrangements to have the pack have workouts, runs, dinners, lunches at times, bonfires and festivals. We could even celebrate the celebrations of humans; Christmas and Thanksgiving. We used to have them while Xander was still here. They still happen, but I don't usually attend them cause of the grief. It was hard looking at the whole pack happy, laughing while their alpha lost her mate.

I wanted to make an effort and bond again with the pack members. Today was one of those days. We were having a pack run.

All the pack members were assembled at the filed waiting for me to arrive. I could see them from my room's window. It made me happy that they were ready to accept me back even when I had neglected my duties as their alpha.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The pack was already in their wolf forms. They arranged themselves according to ranks which I considered unnecessary. All of them were equal to me. You could tell them from their fur colour.

Omegas were mostly had brown fur. It was a neutral colour, it was mostly there to help not draw attention. Most wolves would want to be mated to omegas cause they can easily submit.

Gammas has ginger or grey fur. They weren't easy to find in packs. Their roles had somehow been taken by deltas but they still existed. To tell gammas apart from deltas and betas, most of them had some markings on their fur. They could be stars or lines that run from certain points of their fur.

Deltas and betas were had grey fur. This helped them stand out. It would help in them gaining attention. They loved been the centre of attention cause of their strength and slight leadership skills.

Alphas, either male or female had black or white fur. Alphas were rare so they were easily recognised in a pack. Alphas were considered a blessing from the moon goodness, cause not all packs had alphas. Alphas had some point become extinct cause of abuse of authority. They mostly treated pack members like they were nothing, so packs retaliated.

Many baby alphas were murdered until the council decided to take matters into their hands. They started punishing alphas who treated their pack members wrongly. However, they couldn't control all alphas. The rogue king wasn't in their plan.

The rogue king, Elijah, would bring havoc but he wasn't able to be defeated. The seven packs had tried uniting to take him down, but rumours had it that he had a large army that killed many werewolves. No one ever tried to battle him again.

Tales of him not aging were also fascinating, cause even though werewolves age slowly we still age. However, people say he stop aging at his twenties and he still looked young. Anyway enough of that.

†††††††††††††

I made my way towards the field in my wolf form cause I didn't want to rip them when shifting. As I passed the other wolves they bowed their heads and made way for me. I stood Infront of my pack and looked over them.

They looked pleased that I was ready to lead the run. My parents stood beside me. My father was a white wolf like me. Mother had grey fur but some parts of her fur was brown. She was a fascinating wolf. My sister has grey fur, she was training to be the gamma of the pack.

I looked away from the pack and looked around the filed. We had enough land to run around and back without getting into neighboring territories.

I howled towards the mountains to initiate the run. I was first to run and then heard my pack follow. They howled together as we run towards the mountains. They looked beautiful. As we ran I made sure to stay around the pack, I ensured that all my senses were on high alert.

The feel of the soil, the rushed air and thundering steps. It was so loud. It was life. It was fun. All the wolves were mingling and playing with each other. It didn't matter about the ranks at the moment, we were pack.

I felt free. It was a sense of pure joy to be with my pack. This would definitely be a pack-bonding experience. I was overjoyed that I had shifted after so long. I sure my wolf was grateful.

"You are damn right I'm grateful. Make sure we shift often from now on. Look at the pack, I'm sad we made them wait so long."

Sonia was sad, and that made me sad in return. I was upset that I left my pack for so long, mourning someone who wasn't meant to return. That was sad on its own.

When we made it to the mountains, I shifted back to my human form. All other pack members followed my lead. I still didn't understand the concept of being nude infront of the pack, but none of us had clothes.

"I appreciate all of you for coming for this run. I will make it an occasional thing. I'd also like to apologise for leaving my duties as your alpha." I looked around the pack, the members were looking at me with so much admiration, I didn't think I deserved it.

"I wouldn't wish to my worst enemy for them to lose their mate, so I'm hoping that you understand the pain I was in. I have seized the search so that I may get back to my responsibilities. However, I will still be looking and hoping that my mate returns."

"Long live the alpha." It started as a murmur then all of the pack started cheating it. "Long live the alpha. Long live the alpha."

I was smiling as I released them so that we could go back home. I was ready to make them proud. They would broadly proclaim me as their alpha even to strangers. They would announce our name in pride and humility as well.

Only if we had been prepared for the surprise waiting for us.

***************************************************

Author's note:

That's chapter 12, hope you are enjoying it this far.
I'm planning on having frequent updates, so I'll try my level best to do that.

Comments and votes are highly appreciated. Don't forget to follow so that when I update, you get notified first.

Thanks for all the support. This book has more than 2K reads right now and I'm grateful.

Hope to hear from all of you.

Black-Wicked