Wattpad Original
There are 67 more free parts

dominance

noun ~ power and influence over others

"Everyone, listen up," Sean shouted.

I stood beside Molly, arms folded around my waist as I look around at the girls beside me. They were all jumping and stretching, excited to get to burn their energy. I knew I had progressed and so far I have escaped sparring day since Phoenix left. I've said I hated sparring day right?

Glad you know. 'Cause I do- hate it that is.

"Today I'd like you to line up in terms of height. Tallest to my left and shortest to my right." He announced.

We all busied ourselves and compared our height to one another. I waited until most were lined up before slotting myself in. I was the second smallest, the girl only a centimetre or so shorter than me. She reminded me of a pixie, with short black hair and almond eyes. If we took our shoes off I bet it's been a hairs width in height difference.

"Just to make things weird, I want each of you to spar with the person to your left first, starting from this end." He gestured to the taller people. "Whoever wins will move on to the next winner, until there is a final match. No wolf. Got it?"

We all nodded and broke off into pairs. I noticed Molly was one of the tallest and ended up paired against one of Jade's shadows. The age groups had merged today and so there were fourteen pairs of women ready to battle.

I turned to the smaller pixie-looking girl and smiled sheepishly. She gave me a crude smirk, something I wasn't expecting from someone so innocent looking. I just wanted an easy fight that I could back down from, but it seemed I may have to defend myself here.

Sean released a low whistle and the pixie girl flew. Her arm came hurtling towards me and I was momentarily gobsmacked at her speed. I dodged her punch and thankfully her kick. She may be small and fast, but she wasn't very strong.

I could feel eyes on my back that had the hairs on my body rising in attention. I knew I had to block him out or I'd get distracted.

I acted upon self-defence for a while as I quickly analysed her fighting pattern. She landed a good few punches to my ribs which had me wincing. She relied a lot on left hooks and jabbing with her right arm. I could feel the pattern as she swung, kicked and then jabbed.

So the next time she swung her arm I blocked it with my own, grabbing her wrist and pushing it backwards. Her shoulder crumpled and she let out a small whimper as I forced my foot into her chest. As she fell to the floor I pulled on the arm in my grip until it was pressed against her back and her face lay in the dirt. Five seconds passed before she tapped out.

Well, that was pretty easy.

I helped her to her feet and we congratulated each other on the fight before standing awkwardly as we waited for everyone to finish. Once they did we moved up to the next height group, and once again I fought against another female who relied on swinging one arm and jabbing the other. Weird.

I similarly defeated her, only this time I punched her chest as she swung her fist up into my chin. I thankfully caught her flying arm in time and collapsed on top of her when the fight was done. We bowed and congratulated before once again I moved up the ranks.

I stood facing the other minion of Jade, I don't know what this one was called. Her hair was dyed dark red and her eyes blue with hatred. I don't know what these girls' problems are but I was happy once I finally forced her into the dirt as well. She shrieked the whole time, every movement of her body elicited some kind of noise. It was quite annoying really.

Girl number four was about five centimetres taller than me, her toned arms and legs already set the feeling that I was going to fail this match. She had the upper hand from the start. Her movements were random and sporadic that I couldn't keep up. I fell to the ground after she exceptionally sent a kick to my stomach that I could only block slightly.