Wattpad Original
There are 58 more free parts

nervous

adjective ~ emotion resulting from anxiety or anticipation

I jogged my way to the training grounds and apologised to Sean when I arrived.

"It's okay, Alpha isn't even here yet." He chuckled, pulling me in for a side hug.

From where we stood, I could see most of the wolves warming up for the day. As usual, more than a few stared at us, and I couldn't help the blush that covered my cheeks. It was just a habit to hug Sean, I didn't even think of the audience.

I pulled away with a frown, but he just laughed at me. Phoenix's essence filled the area and I turned to see him approaching from the house. His eyes were hard as he stared at the two of us, every step made in a calculation.

"Go join the girls," Sean mumbled.

I nodded and quickly walked my way over to where Molly stood. She gave me a once over and a grin before also hugging me. Today she wore a pale green sports set.

"Hey Sherbet, how you been?" She smiled.

I shrugged with a smile. "Busy training and doing the gardening."

"Oh yeah, you'll have to show me what you're doing. I'd love to see it." She grinned.

I nodded in return, flashing her a small smile of my own. There was no time for chatter as Phoenix stepped up beside Sean and everyone went silent. He was practically demanding people's attention today; something must've frustrated him already.

"Today we are sparring in human and then wolf form. You must be paired with someone you have not sparred with in a while." He demanded. "Choose wisely."

He said no more as we all began to choose a partner. I was surprised to see one of the twins approach me and gave me a friendly smile. Going by the freckle under her cheek I guessed it was Miley.

"I'll go with you. We've not sparred before." She smiled.

"Sure." I nodded and smiled at her as she linked her arm with mine.

Sean walked over to the girl's side and clapped his hands. His eyes roamed over us before they quirked in amusement at me awkwardly standing with Miley's small form clinging to mine.

"Ladies. Fight to dominate, push or force your opponent out of the circle. No cheap shots. Today you're all fighting in one circle so beware of the other matches... Once you have pushed out your opponent wait until another is ready and continue until one remains. You begin on my count." He demanded.

Miley unlinked her arm with mine and stood a few feet away. I sighed nervously, knowing how quick she really was since I had been running with her every day. Also, the fact she often got to the second round of the fights, I knew I didn't have a chance.

She crouched down slightly and cracked her knuckles. Her usual innocent expression merged into one of concentration as she studied me. I forced my emotions to disconnect as I met her crouch with my own.

"3...2...1...Match!" Sean shouted.

I barely blinked before she was on me. Her fist collided with my face before I could react, and I held my ground to not stumble. My hands forced her backwards and thanks to her light weight, she staggered.

I kept my defensive for quite a while as she attacked me. She was swift and well trained, a true small terror if she ever got on a battlefield. Her fists flew at me faster than I thought possible as she pushed me around the circle.

She got a few good shots to my face and stomach followed by a good kick to my shin before I was able to block her leg. I grunted and stumbled backwards and the next thing I knew, I fell on my butt at the edge of the circle. She stood above me with a smirk but before I could react her foot kicked at my chest.