Chapter-1

"Come back, Aashu. Please come back to me."

These words followed by painful sobs of a woman always disrupts my 2 hours of much needed sleep in a 24 hours cycle.

I mean it's not my fault vampires don't sleep. And it's not at all my fault that I am a half breed. Half vampires need at least 1-2 hours of sleep a day unlike full blooded vampires who never wink in all their lifetime.

Getting out of my not so comfortable sofa-cum-bed, I went straight for a refreshing shower. As the water droplets fell on my skin, I realised the heater was out of order, again. Not that I mind the temperature. But I have a preference for a warm, cozy bath over a cold one after a frantic journey down the dreamland.

Though dreams haven't been frequent throughout my 17 years of life, but this one particular woman has been disrupting my peaceful sleep since forever. My aunt says these dreams make no sense. And I believe the same. So the best I can do is not pay much thought to it. Getting out of the shower, I was faced with the most irritating sight of the day.

"Hey handsome. Hope you aren't running late this time?" Spoke the most annoying voice on earth.

"I am running late. Unless you have something important to say, get lost." I spoke the words in the most bored manner I could.

She is a pain in the head. I still don't understand why aunt is so insistent on keeping this good for nothing 22 year old glamour doll around? I mean what use does a quarter werewolf-cum-aspiring model has for us?

With the slender hourglass figure, fair skin tone, dark brown eyes and waist long straight black hair, the girl is a walking time bomb. And the worst part is, she knows how to use her beauty, specifically her full pouty pink lips.

"Why are you always this boring, Ash? Let me come with you today. We'll have a lot of fun." She spoke in the most suggestive way.

"Get out of my room before I kick you out myself, which I promise won't be much of a good experience for your undernourished body." I growled out making the anger in my voice very evident.

Out of all the males in the pack head over heels interested in her, why does she always keep pestering me is beyond my knowledge. Maybe she takes me for a challenge, the only guy who doesn't spare her a glance.

"I am much more tough than you think of me, Ash. If you are in a foul mood, just say it. I won't bother you. Come out. Sim is waiting for you." She stormed out of the room like I had hurt her feelings.

For a classified flirt, she sure manages to act like an innocent damsel in distress all the time. Since aunt brought her in 4 months ago, she's had her eyes on me. To me she's Nothing but excess baggage during long travels as our pack keeps moving from time to time. She takes up any chance of entering my room at least twice a week despite the busy schedule aunt had put her in with the chores. But I never informed that tiny bit to anybody because I didn't want the news to spread that Riya has access into my room. Especially when my 3 roommates are out on a secret mission assigned by Deep. Any gossip involving me, Riya and my room will be very embarrassing.

Deep has been aunt Sim's boyfriend since last 4 years who has the least bit of liking for me, just like most other people in the pack.

Not that I blame anyone. I also don't like Riya. But I can't go against aunt's decisions. No one can. Because she is the alpha of our 'New Moon Pack'. Going against her wishes means banishment from the pack.

Heading outside I met the most affectionate gaze among the crowd. The lady in her early forties looked far younger. With her usual knee cut jeans and t-shirt attire, 5 feet height, smooth ivory skin and natural deep black hair she looked not a day older than 30.