Wattpad Original
Zbývá ještě 32 bezplatných částí

curious

adjective ~ eager to know or learn something

My eyes widened in surprise as did many of the crowd. Their once fearful expressions turned
to ones of shock as they looked toward me. I staggered a step back at the depth of the situation.

He just declared me his mate in front of the entire pack. After so long of wondering why, and when, he just did it.

'He sure did.' Cel breathed, her tail swishing in anxiety.

Phoenix began to walk back over to me with determination. I nervously laughed at his dark and predatory gaze and turned to go step behind Charlie. I was nervous, a little scared since he seemed out of control. We were unmated I hoped he didn't do anything stupid in public.

'Like, announce us his mate?' Cel snorted.

Oh, sugar.

He reached me before I could hide, his hands pulling me towards him. I inhaled sharply in surprise but his arms merely wrapped around me. I froze under his embrace when his head fell to my hair and he inhaled deeply. I could feel and hear the grumbling of his beast as he tried to calm down. I knew he had done this out of dominance, but I was so surprised. What did this mean now?

From where we stood, my sight of the room had been blocked by his arms. We stayed like that for a long moment, the room full of murmurs that I couldn't hear through the racing beat of my heart. I have never felt so comfortable yet worried; it was confusing.

It wasn't until he moved his arms, that I noticed he had calmed down; his eyes a deep treacle colour. His hands moved to cup my face and the erupting volcano of warmth spread across my skin. I shivered at the pleasure of it, his breath fanning my face. He bent down to place a gentle kiss on my forehead and I felt myself blush. He was so damn tall too...

He took a deep breath and moved his arms away. Taking a deep breath, a low grumble left his lips, one demanding submission. I hesitantly glanced over the room and gasped when I saw the room. They had all fallen to their knees with their heads bowed, their necks bared to the side as they looked at the floor.

Phoenix grumbled in satisfaction. "Meeting adjourned. Those who wish to accompany us in the morning are to stay behind. The rest of you please leave; Charlie if you will..."

Phoenix sighed and looked back down at me when they began to stand. "I am sorry I did that. I couldn't tolerate her anymore, she needs to be taught about her consequences. Many wolves have been disrespecting you, doubting you, and I couldn't do much about it without letting out you were my mate. So I apologise for how I did it. But they know now, that you're mine."

I blinked up into his amber eyes and shook my head to clear the haze. "I understand. It's just... a shock."

His lips fell into a small frown but he nodded and kissed my forehead one more time before moving away. I wrapped my arms around my torso in the cool air, glancing at the wolves who stayed behind. I felt rather empty without him beside me.

But they knew now.

From the looks of wonder in their eye, I knew that they had never expected it. They were as shocked as I was, just for different reasons. A few were still looking at me with distaste, but I knew they would. I was Omega blood to them, nothing more. They probably expected a stronger bloodline for their Alpha and pack, but little did they know that I was more than that now.

I was their Luna, and I was a Lycan.

A part of me wanted to prove myself to them, but I didn't want to seem desperate. If I was to be their Luna I felt it needed to come naturally. I was not a person of power, I was not one to take the lead role. But I felt like I had to, and it made me frown because I didn't want to take the spotlight. It was conflicting. To be their leader or to be their friend?