Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

peaceful

adjective ~ free from disturbance; tranquil

We were silent for a moment as I tried to process the new information. I had never felt so frustrated to not have been educated; why hadn't my mother told me about this? Was it because she thought I was human? There had to be a reasonable explanation.

"Can't I like, skip a month? Like the pill?"

He frowned, "I am afraid not. Birth pills do not work on werewolves."

My eyes were unfocused as my heart stuttered in my chest. "I've been on birth control since I had my first bleed."

He cocked his head. "Why? Did a doctor prescribe you medication for that?"

"They thought I was human I guess, and my monthly's were always so heavy and intense. I was told I was too frail because I often passed out." I shrugged.

"That's the malnutrition, Nova..." He gave me a timid smile." Since being in my pack, have you taken these pills?"

I frowned, realising he was right, but then I also remembered. I hadn't.

"Not since I was taken," I muttered, shifting awkwardly.

I wasn't expecting to have this kind of conversation with him, but I guess it was happening. He didn't seem to be bothered by the nature of it, which settled my anxiety slightly.

He let out a breath of air. "Okay. Well, they don't actually prevent pregnancy since they were given to you when you were a human. Our wolf immune system burns through human medication too quickly and proves it ineffective. We'll have to talk to Kate and see what she can do. She doesn't have any of your records from that pack, which is no surprise since they used you for a blood bag...but we can figure something out."

"Okay, Doctor Phoenix." I giggled at his serious expression

His eyes brightened from the serious tone his voice held. "You do tease me, mate."

The conversation had fallen to a finish after that, and I soon took the moment of silence to use the bathroom. I washed my face under the tap, trying to cool down the awkward anxiety I could still feel in my gut. I looked around the bathroom after I finished, admiring the gold accents on the tub and the handles. I sighed, pushing myself away from the vanity sink.

I glanced at myself, taking in the closed-over wounds on my neck. They were small half-circles now, Steven's claws leaving a reminder of what had happened. I swallowed and took a long blink when bile rose at the reminder. So much pain and anxiety, so much adrenaline and fear.

I let out a shaky breath, pulling at the stitches around my now closed-over knife wound. I had a feeling Phoenix would want to take these stitches out later tonight when it was better healed. Normal werewolves would have healed this within a couple of hours, a human would take a couple of weeks or more, so I was glad it was only going to take me a few days.

I pulled the hairbrush from my toiletries bag and tamed the mess of my hair, choosing to keep it down today as the weather wasn't too windy or misfortunate. I smoothed down my hands down my sides, preparing myself to go back into the room.

I unlocked the door and made my way back into the room, Phoenix sitting on the bed, his hand fisted in his hair as he stared down at his phone. His head snapped up at my entrance and he gave me a small smile. He stood from the bed, stepping toward me with a smile.

"Everything okay?" I wondered.

He nodded, "Just Charlie texting me on pack updates."

"Oh," I licked my lips. "Everything okay?"