CHAPTER 1. where it begins

Actions will always have consequences

Even if the act wasn't committed by the accused, they may get punished. The world was not fair in any way, and there were no two men that were equal. Some are forced to live under unpleasant circumstances, and others got the freedom to rise above.

Yuta Okkotsu fell into the middle of these two categories. His childhood was delightful until Rika Orimoto, his best friend, was killed in a traffic collision. That same day, moments after she was hit, she emerged as a monster only Okkotsu could see.

Rika's cursed spirit form, unlike her sweet and loving human form, was aggressive and violent. She only had sights for the black-haired boy. If anyone was within six feet of him, her guard would be put up.

This looming presence is why Okkotsu was set up for a secret execution.

The case that involved the four students that had been consistently bullying Okkotsu was what caught the attention of the jujutsu higher-ups. The previous incidents only involved family and were nothing too tragic.

But, in this case, the four bullies were crammed into a single locker. Their injuries were so awful that even reverse cursed technique couldn't fix the trauma they were stuck with. The memories of pain were all too daunting and forever engraved into their minds.

Multiple sorcerers were called to Okkotsu's case, only to be killed off by Rika. The situation was dire, so the higher-ups called the strongest sorcerer to capture Okkotsu.

This man was Satoru Gojo.

After some conversation, Okkotsu was assigned to be a first year at Tokyo Jujutsu Technical College alongside four other students. One of those four students, Amaya Fushiguro, happened to be in a rush on the day the boy was coming.

Running and slamming the sliding door open, the brunette's breathing was heavy. She'd been out visiting someone, finding time passing by too fast before she had to rush back.

Seeing no sign of their teacher or the new student, Amaya frowned. She murmured, "They aren't even here yet..."

The grade two sorcerer slid the door back shut before she walked to her seat in between Maki Zenin and Toge Inumaki. Her other classmate, the mutated cursed corpse named Panda, greeted, "Hey, where were you anyway?"

"Visiting Tsumiki," the girl confessed.

"Mustard leaf?" Inumaki questioned.

Amaya replied, "Nope, there's nothing new. It's both a good and a bad thing."

Tsumiki Fushiguro and Amaya were not only each other's sisters, but best friends. Amaya could remember that day clearly, even though it had been around three months ago. She walked into Tsumiki's bedroom to find a strange mark on her forehead. Not to mention the energy she felt the moment she touched it... To be told that no one knew when her sister would wake up from her coma was heartbreaking. Not only did it sadden her, but motivated her to become even stronger. She wasn't the strongest around, but she'd become as strong as she needed to be in order to protect the older twin who couldn't protect herself.