Ch 10- Flying Lessons

Adelaide wondered what the crowd around the Gryffindor common room was all about then she remembered it. Flying lessons. Her first time on a broomstick. She was going to ride a broomstick. She was going to play the game she had always dreamt of playing, Quidditch!

"Typical," said Harry darkly when he found out that Gryffindor and Slytherin would be having the classes together.

"Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy," he said.

Adelaide sighed. She couldn't be bothered about Malfoy or making a fool of herself. She was going to fly! Holy shit! Who cares if Malfoy laughed at someone who was on a broom for the first time?

"You don't know that you'll make a fool of yourself," said Ron reasonably. "Anyway, I know Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk."

Malfoy certainly did talk about flying a lot. He complained loudly about first years never getting on the House Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories that always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters.

Adelaide wasn't sure if she should believe him or not, she finally decided that she would not ignore him and let him ride his high horse. She didn't know if Malfoy even knew what helicopters actually were. Narrowly escaping, her ass. The way he said it, technically he should have been crushed by the blades of the chopper.

Ron seemed impressed and repulsed at the same time. Adelaide shook her head disapprovingly and went to explain.

"He's bluffing," she said to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"You can't go any closer than fifty feet from the helicopter, without the blades slicing you off, especially if you are flying," Adelaide said matter-of-factly.

They were in the corridor going to down to Potions, and Malfoy had almost blocked the entire corridor, as he talked loudly about his adventure where he was flying at least eighty feet above the ground and how he was so fast that the muggle couldn't even see him and how he had missed the helicopter's blades by three inches.

In the silence, somehow, the ones in the vicinity, that is all of the Gryffindor and Slytherin first years, heard it. Loud and clear.

"From what I know, helicopters don't usually fly any lower than five hundred feet above the sea level. The blades of a helicopter itself are more than fifty feet. If you stretch it, it can be forty feet. Plus, the blades of a helicopter go at a speed of 400 kilometres per hour," she said simply.

Then she noticed that she had an audience, who were not just Harry, Ron and Hermione. She decided she should probably shut her mouth know. She caught Malfoy glaring at her..

She raised her eyebrow questioningly at Malfoy. And she clearly saw him mouth something along the lines of, 'Mudblood,'.

"And since we don't see you in pieces, Malfoy, the credibility of that story is really high," Adelaide gave a sarcastic smile.

Sniggers broke out, especially Ron and Harry were the ones guffawing loudly, along with Seamus and Dean. Neville was grinning too, though he tried to hide it. Parvati and Lavender lapsed into giggles, and Hermione smiled at her feet.

Even a few Slytherins who didn't believe a word Malfoy had said, coughed awkwardly. Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott were shaking with silent laughter.

Malfoy flushed pink and glared around at them.

"What would you know, Gracia?" he sneered. "Have you ever even seen a broom? That muggle hovel of yours which you call a house, bet you couldn't even dream of getting one,"