Ch 12- Quidditch

The Quidditch season had begun. On Saturday, they would be playing their first match after weeks of training: Gryffindor versus Slytherin. If Gryffindor won, they would move up into second place in the House Championship. 

Adelaide was nervous. More nervous than she would like to show. All the possibilities that she would mess it up seemed much more likely now that she was minutes away from her first-ever game.

Snape walked by getting her attention.

"Good luck Potter, Gracia," he said.

"Thank you, professor," said Adelaide trying to smile, but couldn't due to her nerves. Harry was glaring at Snape's head.

"Did you see he was limping?" asked Ron once Snape was out of earshot.

"That's it. He let the troll in on Haloween. It was a distraction so he could try to get past the three-headed dog." said Harry all excited that he had got some dirt on Snape.

"I was not Snape" said Adelaide

"You're the only Gryffindore he gives points to; of course you would say so." Said Ron

"Think whatever you want to think Ron; I have said this once and am saying it again, there are many things I know." Said Adelaide

A few weeks ago, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Adelaide were on their way for a night time adventure. This was before Halloween and the troll incident, of course.

Obviously, Malfoy had decided to be a prat and challenged Harry to a duel, which Ron accepted for him, and then they were outside, sneaking out of bed. Adelaide was obviously going too, she wouldn't give up a chance to see Fluffly.

Then they met Hermione, who lectured them all the way out of the portrait hole. Where they met Neville.

And they all got locked out since the Fat Lady had gone off, and then all five of them together went to the Trophy room to duel Malfoy.

After a while of walking, Harry put his arm out, stopping them and then they saw Mr Filch's cat Mrs Norris around the corner. They bolted.

Adelaide was wondering if they going to meet Fluffy. And there it was! They came across the locked door to the third-floor corridor.

"Alohomora!" both Adelaide and Hermione yelled at the same time. They looked at each other and giggled as they ran in.

"I think we've lost him," Harry panted, leaning against the cold wall and wiping his forehead.

"We've got to get back to Gryffindor Tower," said Ron, "quickly as possible,"

"Neville, get off," Harry growled, for Neville was tugging at his robes, whimpering slightly.

"Guys. I think you'd want to see this," said Adelaide bringing their attention to the huge three-headed dog.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville screamed, startling Adelaide who was quite amazed seeing Fluffy in real life.

Adelaide felt that Neville had screamed because the other three had startled him too.

Hermione grabbed her hand and bolted out of their following the boys. They ran and didn't stop until they reached the Gryffindor common room.

"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" said Ron finally. "If any dog needs exercise, that one does."

Shaking Neville collapsed on an armchair, white in the face, his blond hair plastered to his head with sweat.

Hermione had got both her breath and her bad temper back again.

"You don't use your eyes, any of you, do you?" she snapped. "Didn't you see what it was standing on?"