Ch 15- I know many things, I'll say it again

Adelaide was snuggled up in a couch in front of the fireplace, with a book, waiting for for Harry and Hermione.

Or she could say waiting for them to get detention and lose 100 points

Then she saw a shadow trying to tiptoe to the portrait hole. The person hadn't seen her. She raised her eyebrow.

"Neville, what are you doing?"

Neville jumped at least a foot in the air.

"Nothing." he squeaked. Adelaide sighed figuring out what it was about.

"Neville, Harry doesn't have a dragon." she said.

"But Harry isn't in his bed," Neville muttered.

"Neville, you should go to bed,"

Adelaide finally convinced Neville to go back to bed.

Around two in the morning, Harry and Hermione trudged in. Adelaide jumped up from her couch to see Harry's glum face and Hermoine's face, she looked as though she was about to cry.

"Go to bed. Both of you," she ordered.

"You aren't going to ask what happened?" asked Harry.

"You forgot the cloak, got caught, got detention, and lost a hundred points. Right?" she said sadly.

They looked at her, eyes wide.

"I'll say it again; I know many things, Harry," she said.

At first, Gryffindors passing the giant hourglasses that recorded the House points the next day thought there'd been a mistake. How could they suddenly have a hundred points fewer than yesterday? And then the story started to spread.

Everywhere Harry went, people, pointed and didn't trouble to lower their voices as they insulted him.

Slytherins, on the other hand, clapped as he walked past them, whistling and cheering, "Thanks Potter, we owe you one!"

Adelaide got fed up with all the bullshit and started telling off everyone who even looked at them, regardless of which year they were in. But when Draco Malfoy dared to make a comment, she lost it. Oh, she was going to make him pay, that idiot.

"Hundred points? Tut tut. Serves you right, eh Potter?" Malfoy sneered, blocking their way in the middle of a crowded corridor.

Adelaide sighed.

"You should have gotten detention too," he glowered at Adelaide. "It's all thanks to you that we have the lead now," he said repeating her words.

Ron snapped and took a step forward, but Hermione held him back.

"Shut it, Malfoy," Adelaide snapped. "You've got detention too,"

"And that bothers me because?" Malfoy said smirking.

Adelaide closed her eyes in annoyance. She was an inch away from clobbering the dumbass.

"Sod off, Malfoy," she said and stalked off.

Had Malfoy decided to comment loudly on how Gryffindor was the worst house ever and how they were going to lose the house cup, Adelaide would have ignored him like usual. This time, the idiot placed his cauldron rather close to her seat and was commenting about bloodlines all through potions.

"Muggles," he said. "They are simply disgusting. Like cockroaches, don't you think so, Crabbe,"

Crabbe grunted his agreement.

"Ugh, how can the muggleborns bear it," Malfoy said.

Adelaide tried to ignore the idiot, he's not worth it, she told herself. He was trying to get under her skin, and she didn't want to give him the satisfaction. Plus it was potions. One of her favourite subjects. She wanted to get this potion right.