Ch 24- The rogue bludger and an idiot Hermione

They had planned to get Lockhart's sign after their next class with him. After the disastrous pixie incident, Lockhart had stuck with the theory part. He had started giving live action on how he had defeated the creatures. He usually, actually always picked Harry for this. Poor Harry had to play a werewolf, a vampire, a villager, and many other roles. Harry would pass any acting test easily if he gave his all. The reluctance was very easy to see on his face. Only Lockhart seemed to not notice.

In all his classes, Adelaide would pull some other books and read. 

Once the class was over, Adelaide walked out immediately, letting the others get his sign.

"I don't believe it," Harry said when the trio rushed out of the classroom. "He didn't even look at the book we wanted."

"That's because he's a brainless git," said Ron. "But who cares, we've got what we needed —"

"He is not a brainless git," said Hermione shrilly as they half-ran toward the library.

"Yes Mione is right Ron, he is not a brainless git," reprimanded Adelaide

"Yes, see even Addy agrees with me" chimed Hermione while the other two looked at Adelaide incredulously.

 " Uh, I was not over Mione. So as I was saying Mione is right, he is not a brainless git, do brainless gits sign notes to take books, that also from the Restricted Section of the Library without looking at the name of the book, and ok, fine he signed it but gave it to a second year. What purpose would a second-year have from a book from the restricted section which mostly seventh years use to study about dark arts that even Hogwarts does not teach; except rule-breaking and mischief? So, Ron, he is not a brainless git but a knucklehead, toad-faced, blockheaded, swamp twat. "

Ron and Harry looked at each other and then burst out laughing while Hermione glared angrily at her.

They dropped their voices as they entered the muffled stillness of the library. Madam Pince, the librarian, was a thin, irritable woman who looked like an underfed vulture.

"Moste Potente Potions?" she repeated suspiciously, trying to take the note from Hermione; but Hermione wouldn't let go.

"I was wondering if I could keep it," she said breathlessly.

"Oh, come on," said Ron, wrenching it from her grasp and thrusting it at Madam Pince. "We'll get you another autograph. Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough."

Madam Pince held the note up to the light, as though determined to detect a forgery, but it passed the test. She stalked away between the lofty shelves and returned several minutes later carrying a large and moldy-looking book. Hermione put it carefully into her bag and they left, trying not to walk too quickly or look too guilty.

Five minutes later, they were barricaded in Moaning Myrtle's out-of-order bathroom once again. Hermione had overridden Ron's objections by pointing out that it was the last place, anyone, in their right minds would go, so they were guaranteed some privacy. Moaning Myrtle was crying noisily in her stall, but they were ignoring her, and she, them.

Hermione opened Moste Potente Potions carefully, and the four of them bent over the damp-spotted pages. It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the Restricted Section. Some of the potions had effects almost too gruesome to think about, and there were some very unpleasant illustrations.

The trio was arguing about the potion, but Adelaide was focused all on Ginny. She had to get the diary from her. Adelaide did sigh every time she caught Malfoy's name. This was just like last year. If they would just take her word for it. Idiots. Also, Adelaide had stated clearly that she would not have any hand in stealing the ingredients from Snape's private storage.