Ch 40- Heated Argument & Food for Black

December rolled in quickly. Inside the castle, there was a buzz of Christmas in the air. Professor Flitwick, the Charms teacher, had already decorated his classroom with shimmering lights that turned out to be real, fluttering fairies. The students were all happily discussing their plans for the holidays. Adelaide, Hermione, and Ron had decided to remain at Hogwarts.

To everyone's delight except Harry's, there was to be another Hogsmeade trip on the very last weekend of the term.

"We can do all our Christmas shopping there!" said Hermione. "Mum and Dad would really love those Toothflossing Stringmints from Honeydukes!"

"Cheer up, Harry. Its Christmas. I'm sure you are going to get an amazing present this year" Adelaide said

Hogsmeade was crowded. Adelaide went to the Quidditch supplies store. She wanted to order a new broom, maybe a Firebolt, she won't order the Nimbus Two Thousand and One the entire Slytherin team has it.

As Adelaide took a form to fill for her new broomstick, Hermione pulled her to a corner of the shop. Ron was admiring the poster of the new Firebolt.

"It's about Professor Lupin," Hermione whispered.

"What about him?" Adelaide asked back in a whisper.

"You know how he got sick. And his Boggart is this white orb in the air," Hermione continued

"Yeah?" Adelaide prompted

"And Profesor Snape gave that essay to do...and...The lunar chart...and..." Hermione was struggling to get it out.

"You think Lupin is a werewolf?" Adelaide said.

"Shhhhhh!" Hermione shushed her and looked around frantically to check if anyone was listening.

"Yes. You noticed to didn't you?" she said shortly.

"Well, he is not dangerous or anything. It's not like he went and bit people or something. He stays quite every full moon." Adelaide said.

"Yes, even Dumbledore thought it was safe for him to teach us," Hermione said

"Ha! Dumbledore has a very different opinion on what is dangerous, I tell you," Adelaide said chuckling lightly.

"That is true" Hermione agreed, grinning.

"I don't have any problem with Lupin," Adelaide said. "I quite like him really. He is the best we ever had,"

"Well," Hermione said. "I agree with you on that,"

Next, they went to Honeydukes. Adelaide thought she should save money for her new broom. So she only bought a big packet chocolate frogs and a couple of liquorice wands.

"Ugh, no, Harry won't want one of those, they're for vampires, I expect," Hermione was saying. Ron had picked up some blood-pops.

"How about these?" said Ron, shoving a jar of Cockroach Clusters under Hermione's nose. Adelaide scrunched her nose in disgust.

"Definitely not," said Harry's voice from behind Ron.

Ron nearly dropped the jar. Harry pulled off the Invisibility Cloak.

"Harry!" squealed Hermione. "What are you doing here? How — how did you — ?"

"Wow!" said Ron, looking very impressed, "you've learned to Apparate!"

"' Course I haven't," said Harry. He dropped his voice so that none of the sixth years could hear him and told them all about the Marauder's Map.

"How come Fred and George never gave it to me!" said Ron, outraged. "I'm their brother!"