3:Tragedy Strikes

Note:
So in this chapter,and many other upcoming chapters there will be some historical reference and Im no history genius so if Im wrong about some stuff,feel free to correct me. Btw,bring some tissues if you get sad easily.

********************

  Its the year 1511. The year where the Malacca Sultanate fell to the hands of the Portuguese. The Malay family didnt know what was coming. What horrible nightmares the children would have the rest of their lives. The fact that two of the Malay family members will perish.

  Malay was playing with Indo as usual. Sadly,Phil couldn't join them since she's sick. Their younger siblings were with their respective mothers. "Indo! You cant catch me!" Malay ran across the field,leaving Indo having to catch up to her by flying. "Hey,stop! I need...to..catch my breath!" Indo stopped to catch his breath because he somehow tripped on air,fell to the ground,had to run but Malay was too fast for him. "Oh ok Indo!" Malay said. Usually,she was just a shy bean but with her friends,she was bubbling with confidence and excitement. "Sorry Malay. You're too fast!" Indo said with a pout. "Its fine. Hey lets go see my dad at the docks. He'll get surprised by us being there while he's working" said Malay. Indo agreed and off they went. If only they didnt...

Malay POV
  Me and Indo went to search for my dad but we were met with something I wish never happened. My dad,and a man I've never seen before fighting,with my dad getting.......stabbed. "AYAH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs,catching the attention of the man. He was another countryhuman that I've just recognised.

Portuguese Empire

  I wanted to somehow try to help my dad by unleashing my tiger powers but got held back by Indo. I heard my dad's last words. "Malay,please tell your mother and brother I love them. Im sorry I had to die. I love you..." The last three words were faint,but loud enough for me to hear. "AYAH!". Unbeknownst to me,Portuguese Empire tried to stab me with his sword. Indo saw it and brought us to the sky,me still crying over my dad's death. "We need to find your mother!" Indo said. "Im s-sure she a-and Laysia are in the forest searching for herbs!" I tried to hold back tears. I hope you're safe....

Meanwhile(Third person POV)

  Laysia was crying. Golden Khersonese was shot with an arrow. "Bonda.....jangan tinggalkan adik...."( Mom....dont leave me....). Laysia wept,feeling guilty since his mother got shot while protecting him from the enemy soldier. He didnt know that he wont see his father again too. "Laysia,bonda takkan ada dengan Laysia dan Mal lagi"(Laysia,I wont be with you and Mal anymore). "Please be kind,always watch your manners and always remember God. I love you and Malay very much". Those last words escaped her mouth with a whisper. "Bonda? BONDA!!!" Laysia cried and cried,until a scream came from behind him.

  "BONDA!!! LAYSIA, APA JADI?!"(MOM! LAYSIA WHAT HAPPENED?!). Malay ran to her brother and deceased mother,crying. "Laysia.... I have something to tell you" Malay wiped some tears away. "Ayah,he's....gone" she said that shakily. Laysia's eyes widened in fear,sadness and shock. "He said he loves us all..." Malay hugged her little brother comforting him. They didnt know that Indo,who brought Malay there ran because he had flashbacks of his mother dying,cries were heard from him and his siblings.

  Suddenly,they heard gunshots nearby. Malay quickly picked up Laysia and ran deeper into the forest to find a fellow friend of thier late parents. Asean.

Flashback
  Golden Khersonese had a talk with her children. "Malay,Laysia. Hear me. If me or your father dies when you are still at this age,you must go to Asean's house. Its deep in the forest west from out house. Here is a map to show you the way" Golden Khersonese handed the kids a map her husband made. Laysia said,"But bonda,we wont be needing this. You and ayah wont die early". Golden Khersonese chuckled and said,"Well,just in case"

End flashback

  The two now orphaned siblings never knew that map was going to be useful. Before they ran,Malay saw a piece of paper sticking from her mother's selendang. The map! She thought.

  The two decided to stop at a riverbank to process what had just happened. "Kakak,nak balik rumah. Nak bonda dengan ayah!"(Sister,I want to go home. I want mom and dad!) Laysia cried. He knew that his parents are now dead,but he wished they weren't. Malay stayed quiet. She didnt know what to do. The map told them to go straight until the road separated to two lanes and choose the second one but she had no energy anymore from running. "Im gonna go and get some water from that river. Could you make a fire?" Malay asked her brother once they calmed down. Laysia just nodded,and did what he was told.

  Meanwhile,a man with a white-fimbriated symmetric red cross on a blue field with a white fimbriated counterchanged saltire of red and white face wearing a top hat ran through the forests of the land. He just found out that Portuguese Empire attacked Malacca. He was just walking around the forest clearing his mind when he heard gunshots and saw the silhouettes of a girl carrying a boy. He started to follow those two by secret. For some reason,he wanted to help them which was unlikely of him since he only helps his family,friends and fellow co-workers. He never paid attention to anyone else which annoys his wife.

  While that's happening,Laysia needed to find firewood but Malay insisted she go find the firewood. Laysia stayed at the riverbank catching fish while waiting for his sister to come back.

  Malay walked through the forest gathering the firewood. Suddenly,she tripped on a tree root and hit her head on the ground. Her vision went blurry and the rustling sounds of someone coming to her was the last thing she heard before drifting off unconscious.