nothing. just nothing.

life.
life.
what is life?
is it just breathing, thinking and walking?
is it just the years passing by and you're growing up?
hey. stop thinking about that for a second. it's not that important right now.

day (i don't know which day it is because i stopped counting)

as a kid, i thought growing up couldn't go any faster. i wanted to be older, so i could do the stuff the adults did. i never wanted to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. i told myself i wouldn't be drinking like my dad and smoking like everyone in my family. who could've ever imagined, i would be like all of them? no one. not even the young me.
...
i was a happy child. i had my dad (not my biological one) and my mum. a good family in my eyes. when i look back, i can only remember a bit of it. we moved when i was in kindergarten. it was the same city but something was different. after a time, i noticed that only my dad was the one taking care of me because my mum was sleeping till the afternoon. he watched movies with me or played games. then i heard them fighting. i heard it so often. it was about the alcohol addiction, that my dad had and about my mum sleeping and doing nothing. one day my mum cheated on my dad. they broke up and my dad moved out. it's important to know that even if my dad had this addiction he was more there for me than my mum, he took more care of me and i loved him more than my mum. it broke my heart. how could they break up? they are my parents. my dad moved one minute away and it made me very happy. my safe place was near me. my mum's habits didn't changed and i was happy to see my dad every weekend. the break up hurted me more than i showed because i kept it to myself. my mum really fast met someone new, my stepdad. he was a dad to me but he could never replace my dad. the years went by and even my dad found a new woman. i accepted her and we really liked each other. my dad moved to another city and that meant i could only see him every two weekends.
...