Chapter 26: Premonition

Finding Grim was the hardest thing to do especially after the battle against the chiroufs has ended. I've never seen him since then or even during the memorial ceremony. He was not at our camp or in any other camp that I visited this morning to visit Amber.

"Why do you want to see Grim?" Jonah asks as we walked toward Azer's cabin.

"I have to tell him something. It's urgent."

"Is that about last night?"

I tilted my head and cocked my brows.
"Sort of." I stopped and turned to him. "Anyway, if you heard anything about Grim, tell me about it first. Okay?"

"Alright, boss." He jokingly saluted at me and I salute back with a chuckle.

I continue to go my way towards Azer's cabin. There must be some kind of method of communication they have to communicate with Grim so I was hoping I could use it to contact him. It sucks being the only one who knows about something heavy and I know, the only one who can help me is him. He'd understand me and he'd make a plan immediately.

"Aeryn," Azer said, acknowledging my presence as I walk inside while he was sitting behind his desk. "You rarely visit here unless it's work-related. What is it?"

"I was hoping I could find a way to contact Grim." I stood before his desk with a hesitant smile. "Is there any way to know where he is or to talk to him?"

"Well, the leader's gone back to the headquarters, temporarily as he said. After the battle, he went here directly and said he'll be there for two to three days to keep his mind straight. He's probably affected after the battle even though he doesn't look like it. Poor boy."

3 days? That's too long. At that time, it's gonna happen and it's gonna too late to make a well-executed plan.

"I have to talk to him." I sighed. "Is there no way to contact him?"

"He doesn't stay at the headquarters before so when he's here, relying on our message is the only way to contact him. And when he's outside, we usually just wait for him. The leader is always the first one who would talk to us, not the other way around."

I bit my lower lip and sighed. I sat on the couch and slumped my shoulders. I can't just wait around.

"Why? That seems to be urgent so maybe I could do something about it."

"Yeah," I whispered. "It's an emergency."

"Hmm." He stood up and open the drawer next to his book of shelves. He pulled out something and it turns out to be a key. "If it's too important, I'll let you talk to Dr. Herald and let you pass the gate so you can go to the headquarters. I'll let you borrow my vehicle."

I stood up and took the car key from him. I let out a sigh of relief and thanked him.

"I'll send a message to Dr. Herald and once he can get you permission to go outside, I'll tell you right away." He put his hand over my head and softly caress my hair. "For now, I want you to rest. You look tired, Aeryn. Don't think about any work today and go free yourself from all your worries."

"Thanks, Azer."

**

I needed it. The rest. A worry-free environment. And a place where I can put my mind to rest from all of my thoughts that's been bothering me.

From where I was sitting, at the cliff of a mountain in the northern region, I can see the mage headquarters below that stands at the center of Erether. I trace my eyes, following the trail of the wall that I could see from this position. I couldn't see the other part anymore because it was too far from anyone's vision. On the horizon, on the other hand, the sun is getting ready to set and I immediately thought about the remaining days of what Vandris had talked about.