13: Laysia,the Longing Brother

Malay's Pov
I came back home with the groceries and started helping out with the cleaning.

France,who I sometimes call mother,came to me. "You know chérie(sweetie),you're a grown up now. Why dont you,I dont know,start finding a suitable husband?" She said with a smirk.

I instantly blushed in embarrassment. "W-what? Im not that interested in men. Living with brothers makes me sure of that" we chuckled.

"Yes,they could be a handful but I want you to find love just like how I did" France said. "So,you want me to get a husband during a war?" I teased her. "Ay! We dont talk about that time" she elbowed me in the gut.

During the cleaning,I thought of what my mother figure just said. I dont really want to find a husband,besides,my brothers and father who are protective of me might not approve of this. But I do want to try and maybe,it wont be bad. I have been feeling a bit lonely seeing couples around.

Nothing,I just want to try.
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Laysia's Pov
I haven't seen Malay in years and Im sure she died back at the forest.

Flashback
I was waiting for Malay to come back with the firewood for two hours already.
"This is taking too long. Im gonna search for her". I stood up to find Malay when I heard shouting and horses neighing in the distance.

"Acho que ela está aqui! O campones está aqui!(I think she's here! The countryhuman is here!)". I didnt understand a word but started to run. I didnt know where. I just want my sister back and get outta here.

Then I heard gunshots and I knew Malay died. She fell to the hands of the enemy just mere hours after our parents did.

Then I felt arms from a tree grabbing me. "Aaaaah!" My mouth was then clamped shut. "Shhh,dont worry,Im Asean,remember?" Uncle Asean! "Wait,I need to get Malay". Uncle Asean said."She went to get firewood and hasn't returned in two hours already. I heard gunshots. I think she..." My voice trailed off in sadness.

Uncle Asean's eyes widened. I heard him sigh and he teleported back to his house.

He sat me down on the floor and I stared at the ceiling,knowing my entire family is dead.

Nesia and Timor showed me to my room. It was empty,but its good enough. I dont need more. Just a shelter where someone can love me and I can love someone is enough.

After they left,I broke down in tears. I cant take it. I was too sad. "Bonda...Ayah...Kakak..."my voice was shaky and I struggled between tears.

Then,I heard something. "Hello,Laysia" it sounded like me,but the voice is deeper and more mature.

I looked up to see a boy my age. His eyes were covered with a blindfold with a cresent and 14 pointed star. He had black hair and was smiling at me.

Present time
My head shot back in surprise. "Hey Laysia,are you ok? Why the long stare?" Nesia said. "I-its nothing. Just thinking about Malay again".

Nesia sat by my side. "Hey,if you need anything,you can talk to me,ok?" Nesia was always a good listener. She changed a lot since we last played before she got separated with Indo. Back then,she was in full spirit,and still is. But she was more polite,pretty and was very patient with everyone and everything.

"Thanks,Nesia. I'll go help Uncle Asean with lunch,ok?" Nesia stood up. "Ok! I'll help you!"