•Prologe•

The sand in my toes, the fresh cold water brushing on my legs and the beautiful sunset hitting my face with its bright colours.

What more could you ask for?

I was up at the ocean at 8 at night with my friends, I shouldn't be doing this since I didn't tell my parents about it. I'm not the typical girl that breaks rules, but today was different, I was turning 9!  And I wanted to have some fun.

I got my surfboard ready and started to paddle ahead from everyone. I could hear cry's from my friends, but I ignored them because I thought they were just messing with me, wanting to get ahead.

But i was mistaken, there was a huge wave coming my way, i could say i wasn't afraid and that i could do this but i know i couldn't and i know this is not going to end well. I took my chance and paddled towards it, call me dumb because i know that was a stupid mistake, I was ready to come up and there i went surprising myself and my friends, i was riding with the wave. It honestly felt- amazing, but everything comes to an end, right?

Because next thing you know i lost my balance and fell off my surfboard, the wave was still going and i was sucked inside it, my body swirling around. I started to feel dizzy and next thing you know i sharp pain shot up my back. I hit a very sharp rock, and it dug inside my back, I've never felt pain that hurt that much until now. I let out a scream, which in fact i shouldn't have done, i lost all the air i had and started to drown. I couldn't pull myself up because my whole body was in pain. My heart was beating so fast, i was scared, but mostly disappointed in myself for doing this too.

I slowly started to lose vision when i felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me, and then I felt nothing and lost consciousness.

Zack POV

I was relaxing in my room when I heard screaming coming from my sister's friends, I stood up and opened the window to hear them.

"What are we going to do, she's been under there for so long!"

"We have to tell one of her brothers, they could help!"

I hear a knock on the door and ran to it.

"Za-za-zack, your sis-sister is in deep trouble!"

"What happened?"

"uh.... we wanted to celebrate her being 9, so we sneaked out and went to the beach, there was a huge wave, and we tried to worne her, but I think she thought we were just messing with her, she was riding with the wave, but then she lost balance and the wave sucked her up she's been in the water for so lo-long"  My sisters best friend said breaking in front of me, but that was enough for me to know because next thing you know my legs are sprinting towards my baby sister.

I took off my shirt and ran in the water and i dived. I swam for 3 minutes, 3 minutes to long. I saw a small figure near a rock, i saw that bright red swimsuit my sister loves. I grabbed her and swam up. Her friends knew to keep distance, i was laying her on the ground until i saw blood drip down from her, i turned her around and let me tell you, seeing what in saw on my sister's back terrified me. A pain only a big brother or sister could have. She was full of blood, her own blood, and she was losing it fast. I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

They came as fast as they could, they lifted her up and took her to the hospital. I rode with them in the ambulance, she was losing blood fast and I was so scared that she's not gonna be here anymore, she was going pale, I should have swam faster, I could have saved her faster, she could have lost less blood than now.