ALL TOO WELL.

"i'd like to be my old self again—

but i'm still trying to find it."

"you are an enigma, juniper baudelaire

"you are an enigma, juniper baudelaire."

    THE HALLS OF Liberty High School were messy. They were cold, unwelcoming, and terribly unkind. Juniper Jane Baudelaire knew this firsthand. Co-editor for the lost and found magazine, it was her job to know — it was her job to see the torment and sweep it under the rug, per her father's orders.

    TOM BAUDELAIRE, mayor of their painfully small town and former liberty high jock himself, had a reserved seat at every LHS sporting event, right next to Principal Bolan and Barry Walker. Tom's close relationship with the Walkers, along with their status as neighbors in the affluent neighborhood in which they resided, caused Juniper to know Bryce very well — much more than she would have ever hoped.

   THE WALKERS AND THE BAUDELAIRES were close; Bryce had been tormenting the young girl for as long as she could remember. At first it was simply mindless pranks — he would pull her pigtails until her cheeks turned bright red in anger. But it wasn't until their high school years that she saw how dangerous he actually was; mindless pestering turned to predatory behavior, so she desperately tried to distance herself.

    JUNIPER MET HANNAH BAKER at the beginning of their sophomore year. Then, not long after, she lost her. And through it all, the Baudelaire girl learned one thing, one devastating thing—

boys would always win

and she was desperate to change that.

.    .    .

WARNING—

this story will contain mature themes, such as:
sexual assault/harassment,
sexual themes,
substance abuse,
suicide,
violence,
homophobia,
and swearing