17: Britain?

A/N: There might be some mistakes and unrealistic things and inaccurate stuff in this chapter. Feel free to correct me
•••••••••••°°°°°°°°°°°••••••••••••••

Somewhere during the early 19th century

Malay Pov
We have 7 kids now. Melaka,the oldest,Selangor and Negeri Sembilan twins,Kedah and Kelantan twins and the Pahang and Terengganu twins. Oh wait,there's another! My daughter other than Negeri Sembilan,Pulau Pinang! That makes 8!

Melaka was the most loyal and protective one in the family and Im probably his favorite parent. Selangor was the smartest one while his twin sister loved music a lot. Kedah and Kelantan or the red twins were the most naughty and Pulau Pinang really liked nature.

"Ma,can I play with my keris now?" I heard Melaka say. Singa gave him a wooden keris and I gave him a tengkolok that he never takes off for his birthday last year. Yes,statehumans and countryhumans still celebrate birthdays even though we never seem to age like humans. We still grow older but look like our physical age is.

"Sure,be careful". Negeri 9 then came to place the basket of fruits on the table. "Here,ma. Im going to play with Pinang!" I love my family. My brother,Laysia also had kids of his own,Sarawak and Labuan. He married Nesia a few years ago and they also adopted a boy named Sabah that was founded on the front porch.

Sabah is doing well now and I hope Phil is too. I heard that Ame and Phil met each other and got married. Finally,I met my friend again! A whole lot of tears and happiness went around during the years. It was great and I even got a neice! Ok,two nieces from Ame and Phil. Manila and Mindanao,the two little girls. I dont even know if I could call them my niece but since I am Ame's sister,even not by blood,that makes me his kids' aunt.
****************************
Britain's Pov
Ah,my sweet little tiger child. I've colonised my three youngest sons and had a war with my oldest one. Time for you,Malaysia.

I hopped on the ship to her land and set sail for Pulau Pinang.

Third Pov(all text copy pasted from Wikipedia and I hope I wont get copyrighted)

The first English trader to visit the Malay Peninsula was Ralph Fitch who arrived in the 16th century.[3] However, the British only became formally involved in Malay politics in 1771, when Great Britain tried to set up trading posts in Penang, formerly a part of Kedah. The British colonised Singapore in 1819 and were in complete control of the state at that time.

In the mid-18th century, British firms could be found trading in the Malay Peninsula. In April 1771, Jourdain, Sulivan and de Souza, a British firm based in Madras, India, sent Francis Light to meet the Sultan of Kedah, Sultan Muhammad Jiwa Zainal Adilin II, to open up the state's market for trading. Light was also a captain in the service of the East India Company.

The Sultan faced external threats during this period. Siam, which was at war with Burma and which saw Kedah as its vassal state, frequently demanded that Kedah send reinforcements. Kedah, in many cases, was a reluctant ally to Siam.

After negotiations with Light, the Sultan agreed to allow Jourdain, Sulivan, and de Souza to build and operate a trading post and in Kedah, if the British agreed to protect Kedah from external threats. Light conveyed this message to his superiors in India. The East India Company, however, did not agree with the proposal.

Two years later, Sultan Muhammad Jiwa died and was succeeded by Sultan Abdullah Mahrum Shah. The new Sultan offered Light (who later became a British representative) the island of Penang in return for military assistance for Kedah. Light informed the East India Company of the Sultan's offer. The Company, however, ordered Light to take over Penang and gave him no guarantee of the military aid that the Sultan had asked for. Light later took over Penang and assured the Sultan of military assistance, despite the Company's position. Soon the Company made up its mind and told Light that they would not give any military aid to Kedah. In June 1788, Light informed the Sultan of the Company's decision. Feeling cheated, the Sultan ordered Light to leave Penang, but Light refused.

Light's refusal caused the Sultan to strengthen Kedah's military forces and to fortify Prai, a stretch of beach opposite Penang. Recognising this threat, the British moved in and razed the fort in Prai. The British thereby forced the Sultan to sign an agreement that gave the British the right to occupy Penang; in return, the Sultan would receive an annual rent of 6,000 Spanish pesos. On 1 May 1791, the Union Flag was officially raised in Penang for the first time. In 1800, Kedah ceded Prai to the British and the Sultan received an increase of 4,000 pesos in his annual rent. Penang was later named Prince of Wales Island, while Perai was renamed Province Wellesley.

In 1821, Siam invaded Kedah, sacked the capital of Alor Star, and occupied the state until 1842.

Before the late 19th century, the British largely practised a non-interventionist policy. Several factors such as the fluctuating supply of raw materials, and security, convinced the British to play a more active role in the Malay states.

From the 17th to the early 19th century, Malacca was a Dutch possession. During the Napoleonic Wars, between 1811 and 1815, Malacca, like other Dutch holdings in Southeast Asia, was under the occupation of the British. This was to prevent the French from claiming the Dutch possessions. When the war ended in 1815, Malacca was returned to the Dutch. In 1824 the British and the Dutch signed the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1824. The treaty, among other things, legally transferred Malacca to British administration and officially divided the Malay world into two separate entities, laying the basis for the current Indonesian-Malaysian boundary.

After the British secured Malacca from the Dutch through the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1824, they aimed to centralise the administration of Penang, Malacca, and Singapore. To this end, in 1826 a framework known as the Straits Settlements was established, with Penang as its capital. Later, in 1832, the capital was moved to Singapore. While the three holdings formed the backbone of the Settlements, throughout the years Christmas Island, the Cocos Islands, Labuan, and Dinding of Perak were placed under the authority of the Straits Settlements.

Until 1867, the Straits Settlements were answerable to the British administrator of the East India Company in Calcutta. The Settlements' administrators were dissatisfied with the way Calcutta was handling their affairs and they complained to London. In 1856 the Company even tried to annul Singapore's free port status.

In 1858, following the Indian Mutiny, the East India Company was dissolved and British India came under the direct rule of the Crown, which was exercised by the Secretary of State for India and the Viceroy of India. With Calcutta's waning power, and after intense lobbying by the administrators of the Settlements, in 1867 they were declared a crown colony and placed directly under the control of the Colonial Office in London. However, the declaration gave the colony a considerable degree of self-government within the British Empire.

(Ik there's a lot of stuff in here and I probably didnt add some stuff thats needed but bear with me)
**"""""******************
Malay's Pov
I cant belive my own adopted father would do this! I trusted him,loved him like a real father. It wasnt much of a surprise,actually. He had already colonised so many other countries,including his own sons. Why,Mr.Britain?

Why?

Laysia joined the army and I followed suit. I would always try to come back home sometimes and write letters to my children. Singapore had his own problems with Britain to stress about so,Melaka,being the responsible one took care of his siblings.

"Ma,please write letters sometime,ok?" Melaka said. I looked at him. "Yes,I'll write letters. Take care of your siblings,ok?" Melaka nodded,with tears in his eyes. All my children said their goodbyes while I try to hide my tears.

"Goodbye,ma!"

"Remember to eat!"

"We'll see each other again!"

"I'll help Abang Melaka!"

And I'll be seeing you kids later.