1. The prophecy

The castle of Belvoria was in disarray. A lot of maids could be seen rushing to the royal chamber. What had happened? You might ask.

During the day, Queen Eva was walking towards the royal chamber when she fainted. She was unlucky to have hit her head on the wall leading to a big cut on her forehead. The ever caring and loving king, King Zachary Latierra quickly sent for the royal doctor and has stayed by his wife's side until now.

In the room, the royal doctor was cleaning the wound on Queen Eva's forehead when he decided to check her to know the reason she fainted. With eyes wide open, he broke the good news and bad news to the king.

Before he could say anything, the king interrupted him. "Mr. Robert, is my wife alright?" " She is in good condition. The wound will not affect her in anyway but she needs to eat more to cater for herself and the baby in her womb. She is pregnant and from the looks of it, it is going to be a girl."

This was supposed to be good news because they were going to have their first child after five years of waiting. However, King Zachary's joy was short lived after hearing what the doctor said next. In Belvoria, it was no secret that every girl born from the Belvorian royal family was killed by the blood moon sect and it had been happening for hundred years.

Though no one knew the reason, it was rumoured that they were somehow related to the forest guardians, the enemies of the blood moon sect though no one knew the reason for their hatred.

King Zachary called for one of the guards. "Go and tell the royal prophetess that I have sent for her." "As you wish, your majesty, " replied the guard and was soon on his way.

He turned to face Queen Eva who was panic stricken. "Eva don't worry. I'll make sure that the blood moon sect will not harm her. " " Zach I'm scared. What if she turns out to be the forest guardian the sect is looking for." "I assure you that as long as she's our daughter, no harm will befall her," King Zachary said to calm her down.

"Come on. Let's go to the throne room for the prophetess will be here any moment from now." He helped Eva to her feet and both of them walked towards the throne room.

At the throne room, the king and queen had already taken their seats when they announced the arrival of the prophetess. "Your majesty, your highness, the prophetess has arrived." "Bring her in," King Zachary said with authority.

In Belvoria, the prophetess was regarded as the mother of the kingdom and was even more powerful than King Zachary in a way. Dalia walked in with a gentle aura and bowed slightly before the king and queen.

"Your majesty, I have already been made aware of the reason for your calling me." "Thank you for coming as soon as you could. I just want to know if our child is going to be you know who," King Zachary said with caution because even walls have ears and he would never know what might happen.

"Do not worry Zachary," Dalia addressed the king with his name and it was definitely not the first time. "She is who you fear she is, but she is the hope of the continent as declared in the prophecy."

"What prophecy?" This time, it was Eva who asked and Zachary also looked towards Dalia with inquiring eyes. "It is a prophecy that was foretold by the previous prophetess hundred years ago and it goes like this.

'In hundred years to come, the last forest guardian will be born in the Belvorian royal family. She will be the strongest the blood moon sect has ever faced and is going to end their tyranny. She is going to be the hope of the continent and bring peace to it as was done by her parents before.'"

When Dalia had finished saying the prophecy, the throne room was quiet as Zachary and Eva were so shocked. In fact, they realised that their daughter was going to be a big threat to the blood moon sect and therefore the reason they wanted her dead.

How was the first chapter?
Don't forget to vote and comment. You can also check out my other books.
1.The Rise of the Silver Dragon.
2. The Inheritance.

ellabae9