Trial and E̶r̶r̶o̶r̶ Execution

After a shaky, and terrifying elevator ride, we all found ourselves in an underground courtroom.

We all went to our podiums, which were labeled with our names. Mine was directly across from Kokichi, Maki to my right with Kaito beside her, and Shuichi to my left with Kaede beside him. It was really interesting how some of the relationships formed mirrored the positioning of our podiums. It was an odd coincidence, but the posts must have been predetermined.

"We will now begin with a basic explanation of the class trial..."

~~Timeskip~~

"Wait.. why are we doing a class trial?"

"What do you mean?" Shuichi asked

"I mean the first blood perk. The culprit should've escaped by now."

Monokuma added his knowledge "The culprit never came forward to claim the perk and announce it was them! Why? Well even I don't know. I mean, why not take a free pass for murder!? Well, it's too late now. Puhuhuhu! On with the trial! Let's get this rollin'!"

"Well.. how do we start this off?"

"Does it really matter? We already know who the culprit is!" Miu shot her words with sharp edges.

"And who might that be?" Kokichi asked smugly.

"Rantaro of course!" Miu continued

Rantaro didn't get to defend himself before Tenko forced her way into the conversation.

"It was obviously Kokichi! He's the worst degenerate here!"

"I second that! He's the only person here terrible enough to do something like that!" Kaito agreed.

"I can't imagine anyone else doing such a thing.." Tsumugi mumbled her words.

"I have to say I agree.." I was surprised to see Kaede follow this train of accusation.

"So do I.. and I have reasoning for it." This time Shuichi spoke. If Kokichi doesn't have a good defense he will surely get voted here.

"Kokichi is the only person here without an alibi!"

"I have to disagree with that one." He calmly replied.

"What did Y/N say she was doing before she found the body? Ohh right, she didn't tell us that."

Way to throw me under the bus.

"I was in the library. And you should know that better than anyone, Kokichi."

I told a lie there. Kokichi raised an eyebrow in response, that was a lie he would know, talent or not. He's curious.

"Kaede and Shuichi set up motion sensor cameras in the library. I was in the library investigating their trap."

I told a half truth and by the way Kokichi tilted his head, I could tell he knew I was lying. But he said nothing.

"I accidentally triggered the cameras just before I left and found the body. That's why your alarm went off. That's why the cameras will have pictures of my hair and hands. There should also be one other thing in those pictures..."

"How did you get into the library in the first place, without triggering the first camera?"

"I entered before you left. I hid in a pile of books."

"Why did you need to hide your presence?" Kaede asked me

"I was investigating the same thing you were, but I wanted to investigate it separately from you guys. Let's leave it at that for now. I'll elaborate on it privately, Shuichi."