18 - 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚖𝚜

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Maybe it'll be gone."

└─────────❍─────────

└─────────❍─────────┘

Several Months Later

July, 2007

"Now!," Miura signaled.

You had already ripped your face veil off, commanding two curses as soon as you closed the distance, "Don't move!"

Your eyes automatically closed as Miura took the lead. It had been a habitual thing shared between you and Miura Chiyo as the two of you started working on tasks together while you waited for your grade 1 assessment.

"Phantom Illusion technique: Field Distortion."

As expected, the two semi-grade 1 curses were dead by the time you opened your eyes. Miura brought back the patch to cover his one closed eye.

"Senpai, that never grows old!," you exclaimed. Since you had never seen any of his illusion techniques, you got more curious about it. "Will I die too if I open my eyes?"

Miura chuckled at your mischievous idea. "I bet no, but you might have hallucinations the whole night."

You laughed along with him, enjoying the mission's success. Yours and Miura's techniques were too compatible it only took ten minutes to wipe out two semi-grade 1s.

"I wonder how the Tokyo kids are."

Your breath hitched when the students from Tokyo were brought up once again, refreshing the tragedy that occurred a few months ago.

After things in Kyoto were resolved, students were immediately tasked to return. Since then, you had only heard a thing or two from Haibara and occasional greetings from Shoko. Nanami was the only one who kept in touch, asking for further mentorship in this technique he called 7:3 ratio.

You also decided to ward off those bewildering feelings you started having for Satoru, realizing anything more than admiration would only result to more risks. Afterall, being a Jujutsu sorcerer never paired well with feelings and attachments.

"They said they're doing well," you answered, picking up the veil that slipped off your hand earlier.

"And? How about you and Yume? You okay now?," Miura inquired worriedly.

You sighed. "We're trying, senpai. It's just... whenever I see her, I keep getting reminded of Riko."

"But you do know it's not her fault that you chose to save her, right?," Miura defended.