precap

2 years ago...

The two cousins or should I say newly husband and wife sat ---- at the opulent couch as Zaroon signs the nikah papers.

The nikkah took place in a mosque.

Jannat glared at her mother who was giggling and talking with Zaroon's mother, Tavleen. Zaroon handed Jannat the pen and she took it, she turned to look at her grandfather who had a ventilator in his mouth, she turned to her mother who nodded at her for her to sign, she then turned to her father who did the same.

She sighed and then hesitantly signed the papers.

Ali Nirsa gave his blessing to the new couple and the nikkah continued.

It was an unfamiliar and unreal feelings for the both of them. Getting married to your enemy only happens in novels. But their love wasn't like a novel.

They were cousins who hate each other for childish reasons. Zaroon being five years older still didn't make him mature than Jannat. And Jannat was still 17 years old.

Jannat was wearing a white dress, the one she didn't wanted to wear. Her mother and now mother-in-law had bought it for her. A dupatta was draped on her, making the fabric of the dupatta rub against her neck and irritate her further more.

She stood up, fixing her dress and then Zaroon did. They went downstairs to the lonely are and started their prayer with Zaroon leading.

━━━━━━━

The prayer ended. Zaroon and Jannat stood up and looked at each other. Jannat rolled her eyes and walked away. But before she could, Zaroon caught up with her with his long strides and purposely shoved her with his shoulder and walked away.

Jannat dramatically gasped and ran up to him and did the same to him. Zaroon glared at her and then repeated what he did just a minute ago. A fight broke between the two and was calmed down by their family memebers.

Of course, the two got to listen to a lecture by their grandmother, Shehnaaz Begum. It was the same old lecture.

"You two are in a nikkah together, you guys would be husband-wife in 2 years, behave. After all, this is your grandfather's wish to do so."

Both Jannat and Zaroon were annoyed at the repetition.

Whoever thought that love starts after nikkah was obviously wrong. Jannat had thought.

Or were they, Jannat?