one

JANNAT'S pov:

I woke up and did---- my morning routine. I had to get ready for my college. I was in a baggy shirt and sweatpants. I didn't care about my appearance. I felt comfortable and that only mattered to me.

I walked downstairs to the living room and saw my grandmother sitting on the couch watching.. my nikkah video.

God, I wanted today to be good day and now it wouldn't because I saw that video.

I looked at my grandma kind of angrily and annoyedly.

"Dadi Jaan," I said and looked at her with pleading eyes.

"yes?" She asked and I turned to look at the T.V and then back to her.

"Do you seriously need to watch this everyday?" I asked as I sat down on my knees and put my hands on her knee.

"Beta, agar mai yeh nahi dekho gi toh meri subha achi kaise ghuzre gi?" She said sweetly smiled as I return her the smile but faked.
(Child, if I don't see this video then how will my morning be good?)

"Par iski waja se meri achi nahi guzre gi." I muttered under my breath.
(But mine won't go good because of this)

"Kya kaha?" She asked but I shook my head and stayed for her side for a while as she ran her weak and fragile hand over my head which was resting on her knees.

"Acha dadi jaan, mai jarahi hoon tayar hone." I said and started to walk away after a while.
(Ok grandma, I'm going to change)

"Arey, tum kaha ja rahi ho?" She asked and I stopped walking to turn around.
(Wait, where are you going?)

"Bi jaan, woh mujhe college jana hai." I replied, looking around confusedly.
(Grandma, I have to go to college)

"Tumhare exams nahi huwe?" She asked.
(Your exams didn't finish, yet?)

"Nahi bi jaan, abh shuru huwe hain toh jana toh parega." I answered.
(No grandma, they have started since today so I have to go)

"Acha suno, in exams ke baad tum abh se college nahi jaogi." she said and I opened my mouth to speak but she continued "arey abh tumhara nikaah huwa hai, tumhari shaadi hone wali hai."
(Okay listen, after these exams you won't go to college. You are in a nikaah and you're about to get married)

"Dadi jaan, mera akhri saal hai wese uske baat mujhe jana bhi nhi hai" I said and looked down.
(Grandma, its my last year, after the exams I don't have to go)

"Achi baat hai" she said and turned to look back to the T.V.
(Good thing)

Achi baat hai? What do you mean achi baat hai? My dear dadi jaan mai apko kese samjhao keh agar fail hona parha toh hojaongi lekin ruksati nahi hone dongi.

I controlled my anger and walked away from the living room and up the stairs. I was looking down while running up the stairs when I bumped into a hard chest.

"Ouch" I muttered and looked up to see hell.

If it were a person.

I tried going from the other side but he went there too. I went to go from the other side but he blocked it too.

"Hato na!" I angrily said grabbing his shoulders and lightly pushing to the side and going up.
(Move)

"Ab tumhari shakal dekh li hai, din acha nahi guzre ga." he said.
(Now I've seen your face, my day won't go well)

"Oh please, aaj subha sheeshe mai shakal nahi dekhi?" I asked, rolling my eyes.
(Did you not see your face in the mirror?)

"Oh please." he mocked me and I mocked him back. It went further on with us mocking each other while he walked down the stairs and I walked up.

"Acha chup!" I exclaimed.
(Okay shut up!)

I went to my room and changed to my uniform. I was in my white shalwar and kameez that had my college badge and started finding my white dupatta.

"Kaha giya?" I muttered to myself looking around.
(Where is it)

I then remembered that my dupatta was downstairs as I always remove it there.. I ran downstairs to the room where the room was where we iron clothes.

I let out a shocked gasp. When I removed the dupatta from the hanger. It was burnt and if that wasn't enough markers doodles were made on it.

Yeh Zaroon kabhi baaz nahi aaiga!

I quickly turned off the switch and took my dupatta. I quickly ran towards the living room where him and dadi jaan was sitting.

"Dadi jaan!" I yelled making them both turn to me.

"Dadi jaan, Yeh dekhein, yeh dekhe is jahil insaan ne mere dupatta ke sath kya kiya hai." I showed her my ruined dupatta.
(Grandma, look at this, look at what this asshole did to my scarf)

"Yeh lo!, galti iski khud ki aur ilzaam mujhpe laga diye. Dekh rahi hai dadi jaan, apki poti bohat sar pe char rahi hai." Zaroon said, glaring at me and then turning to dadi jaan.
(The mistake is her own but she's blaming me. See this grandma, your grand daughter is getting too spoiled)

"Oh hello! Zyada oblivious banne ki koshish mat karo." I said to him.
(Oh hello! Don't try to act oblivious.)

"Arey bas karo tum dono. Tum ik dosre ke miya biwi ho. Kuch to sharam karo. Zaroon tumhe yeh nahi karna chahiye tha aur Jannat tumhe Zaroon ko jahil nahi kehna chahiye tha." Dadi jaan scolded us both as we glared at each other.
(Enough. Stop it both of you. You are each others husband and wife. Shame on you both. Zaroon you shouldn't have done that and Jannat you shouldn't have called him that)

"Abh chalo. Apne apne kaam karo." she said, dismissing us.
(No go. Do your own work)

"Dadi jaan, isko bole mujhe college chor ke ai" I said, pointing at him.
(Grandma, tell him to drop me at college)

"Dupatta pehn kar aao." he ordered.
(Go wear a scarf.)

"Ja rahi hoon!" I exclaimed and stood up to go to my room to get an old white dupatta.
(I'm going!)