six

It's been a month since mom---- announced her decision. And already everyone was thinking about making new relations.

Tavleen aunty and Hania Phuppho decided to get Falak and Zaroon married. Which of course made me want to kill myself.

It was hurtful. I don't know what this feeling was.

I. Don't. Love. Zaroon. But I don't want him to be with someone else.

I have gotten used to him being mine.

And my mom and dad were forcing me to divorce Zaroon so they could get me married to one of my mom's friend's son.

And dadi jaan? Dadi jaan didn't even care about the topic divorce, she kept on going on about me and Zaroon's wedding.

I knew Falak wasn't happy with the decision of marrying Zaroon. She had told me, she was in love with Shehryar.

Dad had his lawyer sent multiple divorce and khula papers to Zaroon. Zaroon would confront me about it and had ripped the papers apart.

"Remember this always, Jannat. I am in love with you. I don't care if it's unbelievable and that you don't love me back. But I am never letting go of you. No matter how much you and your father tries."

These were his words. I was shook to the core. He was in love with me. In love.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe love does happen after Nikkah. But was I in love with Zaroon? Did I love him? I was still confused.

Because of the everything that was going on, it made me want to cry and wrap myself around a blanket and never come out of my room or die.

I couldn't study properly. I couldn't eat properly. I couldn't sleep properly. The family issues, the drama, the divorce, Falak and Zaroon's marriage.

Everything! was getting to my head and I had fallen sick.

Ramadan were about to start. And no one was paying attention to that. My dreams and hopes were shattering.

Here I was in the garden sitting on a bench and crying.

It's just keeps hurting me more and more. Knowing that Zaroom will get married to someone else and I would too to someone else. He will have kids with someone else and I would too.

A sob left my mouth thinking of it. I wiped my tears off but they wouldn't stop.

I was about to go to my room when someone grabbed my wrist and took me to a room.

I was about to scream when Zaroon covered my mouth.

"Relax it's me." he said removed his hand.

I slapped his arm making him wince "What the hell Zaroon!" I whisper-shouted.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed.

"Haath choro" I said, wiggling my wrist out of his grip but no use. The bandage was still wrapped around my burned hand. I had forgotten to take it off.
(Let go of my hand.)

I wanted to remove his hand but I also didn't. I wanted to push him away yet also keep him close to me. I knew that if he continued touching me I would melt in his arms and I didn't wanted to do that.

"Zaroon." I whined.

He kept staring in my green eyes with his brown ones. He put his one hand on my back, pulling me flush against him.

I gasped, my eyes glancing at the nearness of our lips before looking in his eyes, feeling the trail of his hand running on my back, up and lower.

"Zaroon, Don't," I said.

"Why not?" He asked acting clueless like what he's doing won't get us in trouble.

I stared at him in disbelief "Zaroon." I warned

"Jannat," He said smirking mocking me.

"We can't do this." I stated looking away as he got closer.

"Why not? I'm your husband. You're my wife" He said that. He literally said that. Why? Why is he acting like he isn't getting married to Falak?

"Not completely, aur jis tarah ke halat mujhe nahi lagta kabhi completely ban bhi paogi" I said as tears started forming in my eyes and I got angrier.
(And looking at the situation I don't think I'll ever be your wife completely)

"You are completely my wife Jannat Zaroon Nirsa. Tum mere nikaah mai ho." He said, sternly, bringing his face closer.
(You are in my nikaah.)

"Why are you doing this, Zaroon? Tumhari Falak se shaadi hone wali hai" I asked as a tear ran down my cheek.
(You're about to get married to Falak)

He didn't answer but just bought his face more dangerous closer causing our nose to touch.

I thought that if I turn my face any side he would still be able to kiss my face so I tilt my head towards the ceiling, unintentionally exposing my neck to him.

He chuckled at the movement I did. Suddenly I felt lips on my neck pulse.

I gasp and slightly push him away. This was the first time I had a boy this close to me.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

He didn't answer but just kissed my cheek. The feeling brings me serenity. The feeling of getting somewhat you had wished for since so long. It felt like that.

It felt as if his lips were right where they belonged. On my skin. On my lips.

"Why are you doing this, Zaroon?" I asked and closed my eyes.

"Because I am in love you." He said and I rest my head on his shoulder as a sad noise left my throat.

"A month ago you said you hated me. You hated everything about me. And now you're saying that you love me when you know that it's getting impossible for us to stay together." I sobbed.

"Jannat agar tum bhi mujhse ishq karne lago gi toh mujhe kisi aur ki parwa nahi hai. Main sirf tumhe chahta hoon. Tum mere saath ho toh mai duniya se lar longa." He said, his voice low and soft yet deep with meaning.
(Jannat, if you start falling in love with me aswell then I don't care about anyone else. I only want you. If you are with me then I am ready to fight with everyone.)

"Hamara rishta Allah ke samne paak howa hai. Isko duniya ki koi taakat khatam nahi karsakti jab tak ham dono na chahe." Hs said.
(Our relationship was made pure infront of Allah. No power of the world can break it until we don't want.)

He let go of my wrists and wrapped both of his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

We stayed like for a few minutes until I started to pull away.

"Mujhe jana chahiye." I said, wiping away my tears.
(I should go.)

He seemed as if he didn't want me to leave. He wanted me to stay and to tell him that I was in love with him too but I left.