eight

At iftari when I went to the dining room---- the white partition was removed. Shehryar and Falak were sitting together and Tavleen tayi told me to sit next to Zaroon. Who smirked at me.

I felt myself heat up and I sat down next to him. I grabbed my dupatta and kept it on my head. The azaan started and taya abbu made the dua and then we started eating.

"Kuch.. lo.. ge?" I asked, quietly to Zaroon.
(Will.. you.. have something?)

I felt so nervous and shy talking to him. If a month ago someone had told me that I would be shy talking to Zaroon I would've laughed at their face.

Why am I so nervous?

Zaroon smirked at the blush on my cheeks and my nervousness and nodded as if enjoying it.

"K..ya?" I asked.
(W..what?)

"Samose dedo." He said.
(Give me samose.)

I nodded, and picked up the samose filled plate. I dropped a few in Zaroon's playe before pouring some rooh-afza in his glass.

"Aap kuch nahi leingi?" He asked, leaning in, his voice low.
(You won't have anything?)

Oh. My. God.

"Na-nahi, matlab ha-haan. Le rahi hoon." I said and quickly looked away.
(No-no, I mean ye-yes. I am taking.)

I didn't look at him at all after that, my hands were trembling.

Soon, the men stood up to go to the masjid to pray. Zaroon quickly kissed my cheek before anyone could see and walked away. I gasped, my eyes widening and I was left frozen.

Get it together, Jannat!

I looked around and shook my head, standing up and calling Daniyal. I kept the plates in his arms and he went to the kitchen to put them before running after the men to go to masjid.

I went to my room and wrapped my dupatta around my head, tightly and opened the jaan-e-maaz.

I greeted the angels on my shoulder before joining my hands together.

"Aye Allah, apne meri saari pareshaani dur kardi. Jin sab ke liye main pareshaan thi woh sab cheezain theek kardi. Mai bohut shukarmand hoon keh apne meri zindagi mai khushiyan bhar di." I spoke in my mind.
(Allah, you have pushed all of my worries away. All if the things I was worried for, you fixed them all. I am very thankful that you have send so many happiness in my life.)

"Bas ab InshaAllah, mere exams mai bhi ache se ache marks aajaein aur mera Oxford mai admission hojai. Ameen." I finished and stood up.
(Now InshaAllah, my exams get the best marks and I get an admission in Oxford. Amen.)

I folded the prayer mat and kept it in his place, while sitting on my chair near my study table. I took out of my books and started studying for my last exam.

After studying a while, Zaroon entered my room.

"Kya kar rahi ho?" He asked, standing beside me.
(What are you doing?)

"Dance." I said, sarcastically.

"Shabash." He said, sarcastically.
(Good job.)

I ignored him for a long time until he became annoyed. He shut my books, ignoring my questions as he picked me up in bridal style and laid me on my bed, with him hovering above me.

"Mujhe bhi thora tawojo dedo. Shohar hoon tumhara." He said.
(Give me a little attention too. I am your husband.)

"Tumhe towajo ki kya zaroorat?" I asked.
(Why do you need attention?)

jab mera sara dihaan hi tum par hai?

"Kyun? Main insaan nahi hoon? Meri koi feelings nahi?" He asked.
(Why? Am I not insaan? Don't I have feelings?)

"Nahi." I smiled and shook my head.
(No.)

"Be dil." He said and I chuckled.
(Heartless.)

"Woh toh mai hoon." I said.
(That I am.)

"Acha, bus ik kiss dedo." He said, playing with my hair.
(Okay, just give me on kiss.)

"Nahi." I smiled and shook my head.
(No.)

I want to check how long it takes for him to do it himself.

"Please?" He asked.

"Nooo." I said.

"Fine, then I'll just force it out." He said.

Not very long.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Mhm." He said, leaning in. My eyes on his lips and then I closed my eyes while parting my lips. I could feel his breath on my lips now.

So close. So close.

I heard the door opening, so I quickly pushed Zaroon off and he quickly sat on the chair while I sat up on the bed. I fixed my shirt, breathing heavily and looked at Zaroon who was breathing heavily as well while looking at the door.

"Jannat appi, chai bana lein." Daniyal said, while looking at his phone.
(Jannat sis, make tea.)

"Dani, kitni dafa kaha hai darwaza knock kara karo." I scolded.
(Dani, I have told you so many times to knock the door.)

"Maine apko kitni dafa kaha hai mujhe Dani nahi bolaya karein." He said, finally looking up from his phone and noticing Zaroon.
(I have told you so many times not to call me Dani.)

"Oohooo." He said, smirking and wiggling his brows.

"Besharam." I said, standing up and running after him as he ran away.
(Shameless.)

The pinkish of my cheeks hadn't left still. The closeness of our lips. His breath on my lips, I could feel his silver chain careesing my neck.

"Jannat, chai!" My mom yelled and I flinched out my thought and turned the stove off before the tea could spill.
(Jannat, tea!)

I took the tea out for everyone and then picked up the tray, walking into dadi jaan's room. I served tea to everyone who was there before walking into the living room.

I sat beside Falak, grabbing my tea cup and I started discussing her everything I needed for my wedding days.

Nothing can ruin this.