ten

The mayoun was held in our garden---- The decorators had done an amazing job. It felt like as if I was in a different place. The yellow and pink flowers everywhere.

I had knew this day would come but I hadn't expected myself to be so happy. To be together for once and for all with Zaroon.

I got ready, my makeup and hair being done by professionals. I was sitting at the swing while everyone came to me one by one and greeted me. They fed me sweets and put ubtan on my cheeks and hands.

I danced with my cousins. The female photographer Falak hired, clicking everyone's pictures.

I had ate so many sweets, I felt like I could throw up.

I sat down on the swing again, clapping as I watched my cousins dance. After a while, Falak walked to me and sat down beside.

"Zaroon is calling you." She whispered in my ear.

I blushed a little and smiled. Such a desperate man. I stood up after a while to walk away but my mom stopped me.

"Jannat, kaha ja rahi ho?" She asked.
(Jannat, where are you going?)

"Ammi, bathroom." I said, quietly.

"Mai aaon madad karne?" She asked because of my big dress.
(Should I come to help?)

I shook my head and walked inside the house, greeting my elders who put their hands on my head for blessing.

"MashaAllah, bohut pyaari lag rahi ho." Taya abbu said.
(You look very beautiful.)

"Thank you." I smiled, chuckling and then I walked upstairs, looking around to check if someone was seeing me.

Zaroon grabbed my hand and pulled me in an empty hallway, leaning against the wall and his arms around my waist.

"Itna tarpaya hai tumne mujhe." He said.
(You have agonised me)

I laughed, my hands on his chest. I could feel his heart beating fast.

"Main toh kabhi door nahi hoti agar dadi ne na kaha hota." I said, going on my tiptoes, to be almost face to face with him since of his 6'2 height.
(I would've never been far if dadi didn't say so.)

"Dadi ki chamchi." He said and I poked my tongue to him making him chuckle.
(Grandmother's spoon)

"Bohut pyaari lag rahi ho. Ugh, meri limit se bahar horaha hai yeh sab." He groaned.
(You look very beautiful. Ugh, it's getting out of my limit.)

"Bas kuch din aur. Aur phir.. ham dono ik hi kamre, ik hi bed par, ik saath." I whispered, leaning in, trying to tempt him.
(Just a few more days. And then.. us two in the same room, on the same bed, together.)

"You are tempting me?" He asked, his voice low.

"Is it working?" I asked, whispering, my eyes on his lips. He pulled me more close by my waist in a jerk, making me gasp.

"Don't say words you don't mean. You'll regret it." He said.

"I'm ready." I whispered. "For whatever punishment you're planning on."

He raised a brow at my boldness. I smiled more like smirked. I looked down at him. He was wearing a black kurta with black shalwar and shoes, his sleeves were rolled to his elbow and the first buttons of his kurta unbuttoned.

"Bohut hero banne ka shoq hai?" I asked.
(Are you interested in becoming a hero?)

"Mai already hoon. Apka hero." He said, turning as around, slowly, so I was pinned on the wall.
(I already am. Your hero.)

"Agar kisi larki ko tumpe crush aagaya toh?" I asked.
(And if a girl gets a crush on you?)

"Anne toh. Alhamdulillah, Allah ne meri shakal bohut handsome banai hai." He said, rubbing his jawline.
(Let it. Allah has made my face very handsome.)

I slapped his chest and he chuckled, leaning down to be face to face with me.

"Agar crush aa bhi gaya. Toh aane do. Meri nazrein toh hamesha meri dulhan par hi raheingi." He whispered. I blushed and smiled a little.
(If they do get a crush on me. Let them. My eyes will always be on my bride.)

"Baat kya karni thi? Jaldi wapis bhi jana hai." I said, after a while of us just quietly staring in each other's eyes.
(What did you wanted to talk about? I have to go back fast.)

He took his phone out and backed away.

"Achi lena." I said, he shook his head, smiling.
(Take good ones.)

I smiled, widely, putting my hand on my cheek and then I did a few more pose. He took so many pictures, I was surprised his storage wasn't full.

After we bid goodbye I walked to my room.

"Udhar kaha ja rahi ho?" He asked, confused.
(Where ate you going?)

"Ab bathroom ka bahana banaya hai toh use bhi toh karongi na." I said.
(I have said bathroom for an excuse so I will use it.)

"Mai madad karon dress ke saath?" He asked, smirking.
(Should I help with the dress?)

"Besharam." I said. I heard his throaty deep laughter as I walked to my room.
(Shameless.)