thirteen

The next morning felt like a dream---- I don't know why but there's new feeling in the air. The new feeling of our new journey filled with love and serenity.

I had woken up to Zaroon getting ready and standing infront of the mirror.

"Aslam o Alaykum, beautiful" he said after he saw me awoke by the mirror.

I smiled, immediately blushing at the compliment.

At first I had thought he was lying. I look like a monster in a cave when I wake up, but after looking myself in the mirror, I agreed.

I was glowing. I felt and looked beautiful.

Soon, after looking at myself I decided to get out of bed and get ready.

"Tayar hogao, dadi jaan ne neeche saath nashta karne ke liye bolaya hai" He said and I nodded.
(Get ready, grandma is calling us downstairs to eat breakfast together)

I went inside the bathroom and started getting ready. Mom had took out this outfit for me to wear for the day after wedding and it was beautiful.

I wore a red georgette anarkali which stopped a little before my ankles. I wore a bottom of the same colour and then a dupatta. I wore jhumke and churiyan and then did some simple makeup, as I was just going to stay home.

I brushed my black wavy hair one last time before leaving. I went outside and he was still standing there, wearing his watch. When he looked at me, I looked see hearts forming in his eyes.

"MashaAllah." He breathed out. I blushed and smiled.

I giggled as he took my hand and twirled me before kissing my hand. I looked at him through my lashes, he smirked before leaning in and kissing me.

I immediately melted into the kiss. He deepened the kiss but I pushed off him, softly, knowing that if I didn't then we'll be late to breakfast and spend an hour kissing.

"Dadi jaan intezar karhi hain" I said and walked away. He groaned but followed me.
(Grandma is waiting)

"Aslam o Alaykum!" I exclaimed, cheerfully as I entered the dining room and saw everyone seated on the chair.

Everyone replied back and I went to dadi jaan who kept a hand on my head as blessing before going to my in laws parents and real parents who did the same.

"MashaAllah. Kitne pyaare lag rahe hain dono." dadi jaan said and I smiled at her.
(What God has willed. They look so nice together)

"Sach mai. MashaAllah" taya abbu said.
(Yeah, what God has willed)

"Kisi ki nazar na lag jai. Ayesha, tum na in dono ki nazar utar lena." Tayi ammi said to my mom.
(Hope someone's bad eye doesn't get to them. Ayesha, you should get the nazar off of them.)

"Jee, bhabhi, mai bhi yehi soch rahi thi." My mom said as me and Zaroon sat on the vacant seats.
(Yes, sister in law, I was thinking the same.)

I served myself and then served Zaroon what he wanted to eat. It wasn't as if he couldn't do it on his own and it was my duty. I wanted to do it for him. I want to do Zaroon's work, serve him, feed him.

Not like as if it is forcing on me. I want to.

We engaged in conversations with our cousins and elders as we hate. But never once did we let go of each other's hands under the table.

"Walima do din baad hai." Dadi jaan said.
(Walima is two days later.)

"Tum dono ne honeymoon ke liye kaha jane socha hai?" She asked us. I bksuhed, embarrassed yet shyly as I looked at him, my spoon stopping in the air.
(Where have you two decided to go for honeymoon?)

"Dadi jaan, abhi walima toh hone dein." Zaroon chuckled.
(Grandma, first let the walima happen.)

"Bhae, mujhe toh tumlogon ne khushkhabri suna ni hai honeymoon se aake." Tavleen aunty said, my eyes widened and I was sure I had turned red as a tomato.
(I want to hear good news when you two come from homeymoon.)

"Yeh toh ab, Jannat keh upar hai." Zaroon said and I turned to glare at him but he smirked.
(Depends on Jannat.)

"Shuru ke 2-4 saalon tak koi bacha nahi hoga. Meri studies bhi hain, unko complete hone dein phir dekhte hain." I said, looking around the table.
(No kids in the first 2-4 years. I have studies, let them complete then we'll see)

"Aur raat kesi guzri?" Falak asked, teasing me as she nudged her arm in mine.
(And how was the night spent?)

I blushed and looked at her wide eyes. "Shut up." I whispered. She laughed and turned to her plate.