eighteen

I was standing outside---- dadi jaan's room. My parents and Tayi Jaan, Taya jaan were inside talking about letting me go to UK.

Zaroon was called in after a while. While going inside the room, he didn't even look at me once. After waiting and waiting. I heard Zaroon say something.

"Jesa apko sahi lage, dadi jaan"
(If you think it's right then it's okay)

He got out of the, coldly, looked at me and then started to walk away.

"Zaroon" I called out for him but he ignored me. I sighed and then turned back, just then Tayi jaan and Taya jaan came out.

"Kya howa?" I asked, hopefully.
(What happened?)

"Maan gayi hai woh!" Tayi jaan said and I yelled, excitedly as I jumped. I hugged her and she laughed.
(She agreed)

"Mai jaake tumhari ticket karwa ta hoon." Taya jaan said and I nodded.
(I'm going to go to book your ticket)

I went inside my room to pack and Zaroon was ready to go to the company. He had decided to go to work a few days back.

He was buttoning up the buttons on his sleeve. He seemed lost in thought as if deeply thinking of him.

"Zaroon." I said to him, he broke out of his thoughts but didn't look at me.

I know I had told him not to talk to me. But I didn't wanted to leave with him being mad at me.

"Zaroon!" I whined, grabbing his arm but he just moved it away.

I scoffed and crosses my arms. I looked away before looking at him again this time annoyedly.

"Zaroon, atleast meri baat sun toh lo." I said to him.
(Zaroon, atleast listen to me.)

"Zaroon agar baat nahi karege toh iska hal kese nikle ga?" I asked, annoyed.
(Zaroon if we don't talk how will it help the situation?)

"Is baat ka hal sirf yeh hai keh tum England na jao." he said.
(The only solution for this situation is that you don't go to UK)

"woh toh hone nahi wala." I said.
(That won't happen)

"Jab tumhe pata hai keh yeh mera khwab hai toh tum aesi baatein kyun karte ho?" I asked.
(When you know that this is my dream. Why do you say these things?)

He ignored me and then went outside of the room. I let out a sigh and sat down on the bed.

It was a mistake. I shouldn't have tried to talk to him, knowing how stubborn he is.

Dekhte hain kab tak yeh aesi hi rahe ga.

I started to pack my stuff and then when I finished, it was 5pm. I went downstairs and help my mom to make dinner.

Everyone who went to work came back and we were all sitting down at the dining table. Everyone was eating quietly while sometimes making small talks with each other.

"Acha woh Jannat beta tumhari ticket book hogai hai aur 23 june ko tumhari flight hai aur woh bhi subha ke 4 baje." Taya abba said and I nodded.
(And Jannat your ticket is booked and your flight is on 23 june and at 4am)

That's in a week.

Zaroon looked up meeting my eyes and I didn't look away. Say something, Zaroon. I know you're not too stubborn.

He looked away and kept quiet.

Okay, maybe you are too stubborn.

"Acha khana toh khao, Jannat" dadi jaan said and I nodded.
(eat your food now)

━━━━━━━

I was laying on the bed next to Zaroon, staring at him, as he stared at his phone.

"Zaroon, agar tumne mujhse ab baat nahi ki toh ham kabhi bhi baat nahi kareinge." I said, strictly.
(Zaroon, if you didn't talk to me now we won't ever talk again.)

"Ab decide karlo. Tumhari zid bari hai ya hamara pyaar?" I asked.
(Now decide. Is your stubbornness bigger or is our love?)

"Jannat, why can't you understand? Mai nahi reh sakta tumse door. Mujhe dar lagta hai. Mere dil aur dimagh mai khouf hai keh agar tumhe kuch hogaya toh main apne aap ko maaf nahi kar paonga." He said, finally looking at me.
(I can't live far from you. I feel scared. I have fear in my heart and mind that if something happened to you, I won't forgive myself.)

I stared at him and sighed.

"I understand your fear, Zar. But.. I can't let my dreams drown because of men jinko akhirat ka khouf nahi." I said.
(Who aren't afraid of the end.)

"Tum bas dua kar sakte ho mere liye. Sab karte hain meri safety keliye." I said, he sighed and looked away.
(You can only pray. Everyone is for my safety.)

I stood up, walking to his side and sitting beside him, with my face turned to him.

"Mera yeh bachpan se khwab hai, Zaroon. Tumhe yeh baat pata hai. Please, mai nahi kho sakti is opportunity ko." I said, grabbing his hand.
(This is my childhood dream, Zaroon. You know that. Please, I can't lose this opportunity.)

He was in deep thought, staring at our hands. I saw his phone was opened and to see what he was seeing, I grabbed his phone.

Instagram models with fake breasts and in bikinis.

"What the fuck, Zaroon!" I exclaimed, pulling my hand away.

He looked at me, confused, before realising.

"No, no, no, let me explain." He said.

"Explain how you're practically cheating on me?" I asked.

"No! I wanted to make you jealous. I swear I don't normally see this pictures. Kasam kha keh bol raha hoon apni!" He said.
(I swear on myself.)

"Very mature of you, Zaroon." I said, sarcastically, throwing his phone on the bed and walking out.

"Jannatt, I'm sorry, yaar! I was trying to make you jealous!" He exclaimed as I walked down the stairs.

"No, you know what, dekho. Jitna dekhna hai dekho. Phas toh mai gaien hoon na tumhare saath." I said, stopping and looking at him as he stood at the top of the stairs.
(Watch. Watch as long as you want. Because I am the one who's stuck with you.)