CHP5- I Wish I Told You Sooner

VAL HARRINGTON WAS PANICKING. The girl she liked, liked her back. And she didn't say it back, well she was going to but, she just couldn't, she couldn't say it, she couldn't hurt Max, she dosent know. She doesn't know about Will, the Upside Down, the demogoran, El, and she doesn't know about what happened to Val, and Val wanted to keep it that way. Max had told Val how she felt and then kissed her and got up and left, she didn't know what to do, to say, she had been left there, in her room with music playing.

IT WAS MORNING NOW,  and Val had just woken up to the sound of a voice from her walkie , "Val, I need you. right now! Do you copy it? I repeat, do you copy?" Val rolled over to pick her walkie up. "Yeah - yeah Christ, I copy," Val said half - asleep.
"Thank god, I need you, right now. Steve is already here-" Dustin began. "What? Why is Steve-" Val questioned. "Dart grew again, just get your ass over to mine right now!" Dustin yelled. "Okay! Jeez."

"WHY AM I DOING THIS?" Val mumbled as she chucked meat onto the ground. "All right, so let me get this straight, you kept something that you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl?" Steve asked Dustin as he threw the meat on the floor.

Wait, what, he kept it to impress a girl?

Val knew it was Max . She just knew it.
"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things, " Dustin shot back. "I mean, why would a girl like a nasty slug anyways?" Steve asked. "An inter-dimentional slug? Because it's awesome!" Dustin said. "Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't i..i just," Steve paused, unsure how Dustin would react. "I don't know, I just feel like you're trying way too hard," Steve said. "Well, not everyone can have the Harringtons perfect hair, alright," Dustin scoffed.

"It's not about the hair, man." Steve sighed. "The key with girls is just...just acting like you don't care," Val cringed at her brother's terrible darting advice. "Uh yeah, no, I don't think that -" Val was going to say, but she was overtalked. "Even if you do?" Dustin asked. "Yeah, exactly, it drives them nuts," Steve said . "Dustin, I wouldn't take his advice. Actually, you know what, it does work" Val said. "Really? You're...girls are into that?"

"Oh yeah." Val nodded. "Then what?" He asked. "You just wait until, uh... until you feel it," Steve said, looking at Dustin. "Feel what?" Dustin asked, looking up. "It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh,"

"Electricity, you know?" Steve asked. "Ohh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere -" Dustin rambled. "No,no, no, no. Like a... like a sexual electricity," Steve sighed. "Steve, oh my god!" Val yelled, throwing the meat on the train tracks. "Oh," Dustin muttered, not expecting that. "You feel that then you make your move," Steve said. "So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin asked. "No, Woah, woah slow down Romeo," Steve said he grabbed Dustin's shoulder, making him stop. "Sorry," Dustin mumbled. "Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive, You know, strong, hot, and heavy... like i don't know like a lion," Steve said. "Mhm,"

"But others, you gotta be slow , you gotta be stealthy, like a... like a ninja," Steve said, smiling. "What type is Nancy?" Dustin asked. "Nancy's different. She's different than the other girls," Steve said. "Yeah...she seems pretty special, I guess,"

"Yeah. Yeah, she is," Steve smiled. Making Val frown, she knew Steve and Nancy had broken up. "But this girls special, too, you know. It's just like something about her,"

"Woah, woah, woah, hey ,hey, hey, " Steve said. "What?" Dustin asked. "You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" Steve asked. "Uh, no , no," Dustin said.

"Okay, good. Don't," Steve said. "I won't ," Dustin said, turning to look at Val, whose shoelaces had come undone. "Son of a bitch." She muttered before bending down to tie them. Steve saw Dsutin looking at his sister, and that made him wonder if Dustin liked his sister, but he brushed it off. "She's only gonna break your heart, and your way too young for that shit," Steve said throwing meat down.

The three walked in awkward silence, for a moment. "Fabergè," Steve said after a while. "What?" Dustin and Val asked. "It's Fabergè Organics, Use the shampoo and conditione  and when your hairs damp, it's not wet okay? Damp,"

"Damp," Dustin nodded. "You do four p fs, of the Farrah Fawcett," Steve said. "Farrah Fawcett?" Dustin asked. " Yeah, Farrah Fawcett,"

"You tell anyone what I just told you, and your ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson, Do you understand?" Steve asked, pointing his finger in the boys face. "Henderson, you really shouldn't be taking advice from Steve, I mean, have you seen his love life?" Val asked, laughing . "Eh says you, you've never been in a relationship," Steve shot back. Val flipped him off.

THEY ARRIVED AT THE JUNKYARD. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, this will do. This will do just fine. Good call, dude." Steve said, walking towards the bus. Steve found a spot and dumped the rest of the meat onto the floor.
"I said medium-well!" Lucas yelled, they looked up and saw him with his bike and Max. "Hey, she was at our house the other day.

The three teens sat behind an old red car.
"You told her?" Val whisperered. "So what?" Lucas asked shrugging his shoulders. "So what? Are you mental!" Val whispered-yelled. "Hey Dustin wanted to tell her," Lucas defended. "Yeah but he didn't!" Val argued. "We all agreed, not to tell her and look for Dart," Dustin said. "Who you conveniently found " Lucas said. "Are you suggesting that I'm lying?" Dustin asked. "I'm saying, you have a creepy little bond with him," the Sinclair boy spat. "Yeah, well before he turned into a demogoran, "

"And you haven't heard from Mike?" Lucas asked. "No," Dustin said.

"Will?"

"No."

"Hopper?"

"No! No one is around. Why do you think I'm stuck with Steve Harrington." Dustin sighed. "Something's-"

"Wrong. I agree. Which is why we need as much help as we can get." The three watched through the broken window as Max picked up scraps of metal. "She didn't believe me anyway." Lucas sighed. "You probably didn't tell it right."

"That must be it." Lucas rolled his eyes. "So, we good?" He asked turning to Dustin, holding his hand out. Steve cranked a ladder against the car, scaring them. "Hey! Dickheads! How come the only one helping me out is this random girl? We lose light in 40 minutes. Let's go. Let's go, I said!" Steve ordered. "Alright, asshole! God!" Dustin exclaimed. "Okay! Stupid." Lucas muttered.

author speaks
nothing interesting to say so hope you're enjoying it so far <3