twenty

It was Shehryar and Falak's mehendi---- day. I was playing with my gajre getting bored. Everyone else were enjoying themselves while I standing in the corner.

I was leaving at 4 am.

"Appi, juice" Daniyal said bringing me a glass of juice.
(Sis, juice)

"Thank you, Daniyal" I said and then he ran away.

I was just looking at my lovely, chaotic, and imperfect family. They all look so happy.

I got sad that none of them had noticed me gone but I pushed the thought away and kept looking at their smiles. Hopefully they will be happy like this

I looked at Zaroon and was immediately mesmerised by his beauty. He was laughing making his dimples on display. He was dancing with my dad and Daniyal.

One thing that was identical of ours was that none of my family members had dimples except for us both. At the same exact place.

He looks so much more happier without me.

You chose this, Jannat.

I ignored the voice in my head. I wiped away the tear that had fallen down. A trio of young girls walked past me and they were talking about Zaroon.

"He's so hot"

"I know right. But I heard he's married."

"Ugh I wish he had found me first to get married to."

"Apni umar dekhi hai?"

"You dumb bitches. You just walked past his wife."

I shook my head at them, with a smile, and turned to look at my family.

Falak looks so happy. They both do. Everyone looks happy. MashaAllah.

I was getting emotional so I walked inside the house and to my old room. I cried a little and then fixed my makeup. And looked at the mirror.

you're gonna be okay, Jannat. you are strong.

The flight I was supposed to get on 23rd June was cancelled cause of bad weather. My flight was due three days early so I was leaving tonight.

No one in the family knew that except Taya jaan and Tayi jaan. I decided that I will tell everyone when the function is over.

I was walking to the garden when Zaroon pulled me in a lonely alley. The alley had been decorated (like the pic above)

He leaned in and I closed my eyes, kissing him. Our lips met in a passionate yet heated embrace. I wrapped an arm around his neck and my other hand resting on his shoulder.

He held onto my waist, pulling me flush against him.

"I hate you." I whispered in between his lips. I didn't mean it of course.

"I hate you too." He whispered. I smiled as we kissed again.

His teeth nibbled on my bottom lip, I moaned, softly and he took the opportunity to explore my mouth with his tongue.

It was a desperate kiss. I couldn't live without him and he couldn't leave without me. No matter how much our stubbornness comes in between, we'll always be addictive to each other.

The fairy lights above us flickered before the electricity of the whole house left. We pulled away, breathing agaisnt each other as we heard loud disappointed noises coming from the garden.

No one could see us and now it was impossible since the electricity was gone.

My forehead pressing against his as our breaths mingled together.

"You are so desperate for me." I said, joking.

"Mhm, sure." He said, sarcastically. "You're the one who's desperate, Mrs. Jannat"

"Whatever." I whispered.

"Zaroon! Kidher hai yeh?" We heard Taya abbu's loud voice.
(Zaroon! Where is he?)

"Jaien, duty karein." I said, softly pushing him away.
(Go, do your duty.)

I heard his chuckle in the dark and I felt him walk away. I stayed there until the generator to be turned on.

When it was on, I walked out if the alley and too the garden where Falak grabbed my hand and forced me to dance.

I laughed and danced with her.

-

The function had ended and we were sitting in Dadi jaan's room. Taya abbu looked at me and gestured me to talk. I shook my head, nervous.

I know they'll be mad.

He gave me another look, he himself was nervous to talk. I sighed and cleared my throat to attract attention.

"Meri kal subah 4 baje flight hai." I revealed. My mother's jaw dropped.
(I have a flight tomorrow morning at 4.)

"Lekin tum teen din baad jaane wali thi. Agar peeche kari thi date toh pehle batana tha. Flight se 6 ghante pehle bata rahi ho." Dadi jaan scolded.
(But you were about to go three days later. If you pulled the date back then you should've told us before. You're telling us 6 hours before the flight.)

I looked at Taya abbu and gave him a look to explain further more because I was scared of dadi jaan.

"Ammi, woh hame bhi subha hi pata chala. Woh wali cancelled hogai thi toh-toh..  haan." Taya abbu said.
(Mom, we got to know in the morning. That one got cancelled so-so.. yeah)

Dadi jaan shook her head, disappointedly. I looked at Zaroon, who looked away from me with his glassy eyes.