twenty seven

We laid in bed---- cuddling under the warm duvets.

"I leave in a week." I whispered.

"I know." He whispered back.

I had to go back to UK as my winter holidays were getting over. It was emotional for him and I as we were going to miss each other alot.

I really missed him when I was gone and I hate how quickly these days passed.

I watched how sad his eyes got and tests were gathering in my eyes.

"Sacha promise karo keh us dafa uthaogi." He said.
(Make a true promise that you'll wake me up this time.)

"I promise." I said. He smiled and leaned in kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close.

He pulled the duvets over our heads leaving us in complete darkness as we made out, the sound of only our breathing under the duvets.

━━━━━━━

A week later:

━━━━━━━

The past week was spent with us sharing our love for each other, talking everything in our minds, making love until we physically couldn't, and just enjoying each other's quiet presence.

"Baby?" I tiredly said, shaking Zaroon.

"Zaroo." I whined and then yawned.

"Mm?" He hummed, waking up from his sleep.

"Flight 2 ghante main hain." I said.
(Flight is in 2 hours.)

After delaying so much, we finally sat up. I wrapped a chaddar around me and Zaroon wore his jacket. We went to the bathroom and brushed our teeths before washing our faces.

We got changed infront of each other in the bathroom and went downstairs. Everyone was asleep. I had said goodbye to everyone before we slept so they didn't have to wake up.

Zaroon went to the kitchen while I sat on the chair in the dinner table. After a while, he came and we ate breakfast he made.

We held hands the whole time we quietly talked to each other. I was trying so hard to start crying in his arms. I was going to miss him.

It felt like getting forced away from a lover, except I wanted to go to UK.

We took five minutes of the hours to make out. Make up the lose of kisses for an entire year.

I sat down in the passenger seat as he settled in the driver's seat. I ignored the nervous feeling in my stomach. I held onto his hand and kissed the back of it as he drove.

We reached the airport and we got out. It was kind of uncrowded. I hugged Zaroon tightly, as tears gathered in my eyes. He careesed my hair and kissed my forehead.

I started crying and hugged him tightly. He comforted me by rubbing my back. I heard him sniffle and I looked at him, to see tears in his eyes.

"I'm going to miss you." I sobbed

"I will miss you two, my girl." He whispered. I cried and continued hugging him tight.

"Now go. You'll miss the flight." He said, pulling away as he wiped his tears quickly.

I sniffled, wiping my own. I slowly backed away, my hand on my suitcase and the other on the strap of my backpack.

"Allah hafiz." I said, quietly.

"Allah hafiz." He whispered back.

It has a bittersweet feeling, mostly bitter.

"I love you." I said. "I love you more." He smiled.

I turned around and walked inside, trying not to cry infront of the workers.

It hurt me alot, but I knew it was the best for my studies. I was going to become a fashion designer, achieve my dreams and then Zaroon and I will be together forever.

InshaAllah.