thirty two

Zaroon had bought an apartment---- so him and I could stay together and have our privacy.

I laid on the bed, Zaroon face resting against my stomach as I played with his hair.

Whenever he was free, he would just lay with me, using my stomach as a pillow as if he had a connection.

He obviously did since his baby was in there but as if he/she was pulling him towards them.

I already know he/she is going to be a daddy's boy/girl.

He turned his face and pressed a kiss on my bare stomach. I smiled as I looked down at him.

"I can't wait to meet you, papa ki jaan." He whispered, looking at my stomach.
(Papa's life.)

"Sara pyaar sirf baby ke liye?" I asked, playfully.
(All the love for only the baby?)

"Aap toh meri duniya ho." He said and kissed me.
(You are my world.)

I smiled and kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck, gently. After a while, he pulled away and I breathed heavily. He kissed my cheek and laid beside me.

━━━━━━━

Me and Zaroon had thought about staying at London during my pregnancy so it wasn't an issue but our family was calling us back home saying they wanted to take care of me.

So, we listened to them and went back to Karachi. When they welcomed us, I felt safe and at peaceful, knowing I was surrounded by my family.

Our house had become less crowded than before. Falak and Shehryar went back to USA after getting married along with Nawaz uncle.

Hania phuppho and Basheer phuppa also left and went back to Peshawar. So it was just us left. Like before.

Except Taya jaan wasn't with us. We could always feel his absence.

We were invited to a dawat from dadi jaan's sister, so we were getting ready for that.

I was wearing a cream coloured screen and Zaroon was wearing a dark coloured suit.

In 1 car Dadi jaan and our parents were going and in the other one, we were taking.

The dawat was extremely enjoyable, we had fun and interacting with everyone and hearing their dua for me and my pregnancy warmed my heart.

The dawat ended and we all went back. It was a long drive back to our house and mid way, it started raining heavily.

We lost our family, not knowing which route they took to go back home and it was incredibly dark outside.

If anything could get worse, our car broke down.

"Yaar, yeh kya masla hai." I cried as I sat in the passenger seat. The sound of the rain hitting against the windows, hard.

"Tension na lo. Sab sahi hojaiga." He said, trying to act as if he had a plan but I know he was clueless.
(Don't be tense. Everything will be fine.)

He tried calling one of our family members multiple times but no one picked up as there was no signals.

He started getting frustrated and punched the dashboard and ran a hand through his hair.

We sat there for an hour in silence, listening to the sound of heavy rain and the thunderstorm.

He looked around and somewhere near, he could see a gas station. I saw relief in his cold eyes and then he opened the door, leaving the car.

I watched as the rain made him wet head to toe. He walked to my side and opened the door.

"Are you ready to be wet under the rain?" He asked. I stared at him as if he was crazy.

"No..." I said. He smirked, grabbing his coat from his seat and putting it over me and then he picked me up in bridal style.

I yelped and held his shoulder as he took me out of the car. I gasped as the cold rain took me in its grasp aswell.

We couldn't help but laugh as we walked through the rain.

The ground was slippery with unseen puddles so he picked me up and made sure, I didn't fall.

He walked us to the gas station and then set me on my feet when he reached dry land.

We dried ourselves as much as we could before we walked inside the convenience store, asking for help. An elder man around the age of 40, walked with us to our car after handing us an umbrella and taking one aswell.

He looked for fault and then fixed it. We finally reached home and immediately changed clothes.

I wore a hoodie and sweatpants and Zaroon wore the same. We drank hot tea and sat by the fireplace.