Downtime

I slept in late today. Not because I missed my alarm, I just didn't feel like getting up. Not much of a point in waking up early now, I don't want to be part of the crowd.

It's now 10 am, and I have yet to get off my bed. My arms are still a bit sore from breaking down a wall.

I don't feel like eating breakfast either..

I guess I'll stay in my room then, or, my shared room now.

I'm now sure we didn't break any rules by breaking the wall, because Monokuma hadn't tried to stop us.

I looked over toward Maki, she was still in her bed too. She was writing in a notebook.

I guess she doesn't want breakfast either. I'll ask her to be sure.

"Hey, Maki?"

She glanced up. "Yeah?"

"You want breakfast?"

"I guess. Do you think everyone else has left the dining room?"

"I think so. Kirumi cooks really early, and everyone's normally done by 9."

"Alright, we can go then."

"Alright."

I got up, grabbed a uniform, changed in my bathroom, and waited for Maki to exit her bathroom.

When she did come out, she motioned for me to follow her out of her door.

I did. But as I neared the door, I turned around.

I'd forgotten my weapons, so I grabbed one of my daggers and quickly shoved it in my right boot. Then I followed Maki towards the main building.

. . .

We stood outside of the dining room.

It was quiet, so we went in.

But upon entering, we saw the same people who were outside our dorms last night. Kokichi and Kaito.

Oh for fucks sake.

There's got to be a reason they're here.

"Heyyyyy guysss! Funny seeing you here!"

"Cut the crap, you were waiting for us."

"Uhh by the way, this was Kokichi's idea, not mine."

"And you went along with it?"

"It was the only way I thought I'd be able to talk to you!"

I began to tune out their conversation while Kokichi talked to me.

"You know how to play chess, right Y/n?"

"Yeah? You better not have been waiting here just to ask me that."

"Of course not!"

"Good."

"I also wanted to ask you to play chess!"

Why did I not see that coming?

I sighed angrily.

"Why the hell would I want to play chess with you!? You single handedly made everyone stop trusting me!"

"Nuhuhuh! It wasn't single handedly. I had some help."

"From?"

"You of course! They don't trust you because you're an untrustworthy person."

"No, they don't trust me because you made them think I'm an untrustworthy person!"

"Well it's all the same unless you can convince them that. Until then, it's just two versions of you being untrustworthy."