18 | You've Never Even Tasted Soju?

20.06.2023📍

Their fest is scheduled on Friday. So Thursday will be an official off for performers to take full rest. Accordingly, Wednesday will be their official rehearsal.

It's Tuesday today, and Jimin has gone all out on his practice. Taehyung stays with him till late college hours even after he tells him to go home.

"Are you kidding me!? Am not leaving unless you leave."
"You treat me like a child!"
"I just want to protect you.."
"Aww..."
"Stop it.. let's go" Taehyung chuckles.

Jungkook, who was waiting in the street, kicking pebbles to pass time, runs to a corner when he sees them coming.

He lurks behind them without getting noticed.

Taehyung drops Jimin outside his apartment around 7:30 PM. "All the best for tomorrow and don't overdo it with the practice! Sleep on time!"

"Thankyou, all the best to you too. Message me when you reach home." They bid goodbye before Jimin enters the house and goes to take a long shower.

Jungkook enters the apartment at 8 PM.

He hears loud music blasting in Jimin's room and goes straight to take a shower before coming back to the living room to play video games.

.

Jimin keeps practicing until he feels his body giving up. It's 10 PM to be exact. After resting for a bit, he goes into the kitchen and sees Jungkook dozing off on the couch.

Jimin chuckles internally at his posture and decides to drape a blanket over him.

He had just covered Jungkook's chest when suddenly his wrist was being held. He got startled and looked above.

Jungkook looked at him with strong intensity in his eyes. "Don't do these things again..." His tone was cold, almost like they were back to earlier days.

"Huh..." Jimin was dumbfounded. "I thought you'd be cold..." He tried to ignore the sudden ache in his heart when he felt the coldness back in his voice.

"I don't like it when someone cares for me... Everyone leaves anyway!" There was a slight anger in his voice, his hold tightened on his wrist. Jimin looked away.

"Jungkook... You are grabbing my hand too tight..." He replied slowly and Jungkook left his hand immediately. He stood up from the couch and went into his room, closing it behind.

Jimin looked at the discarded blanket and felt upset at Jungkook's distant behaviour.

He moved to the kitchen and heated the food that Jungkook made for him. He cooks extra servings for his late night hunger.

Jimin smiles sadly at the gesture and eats in silence before going back to bed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The rehearsals go smoothly. Jimin was amazed that he was able to do it without getting nervous. Now he was confident for the Fest Night.

"I'm so amazed Jimin! After this fest, I think you should start looking for a team. You are ready for it." Hobi says and Jimin covers his face, smiling shyly.