XI

Walking up the marble staircase Beyoncé feels as if she's about to pass out.

Practice today was more than stressful since the basketball game was happening in about two weeks so the coach had them doing more and she wasn't here for all that.

She passed by her father's study seeing him typing up something fastly on his laptop.

"Beyoncé." His voice rang out making her take a few steps back to answer to him.

"Yeah?" She asks walking into the study standing opposite the desk.

"We're having a business dinner this evening with some potential investors. I need you to get ready cause you will be in attendance." He states in finalty not even looking up from the screen.

Beyoncé could feel her eyes involuntarily rolling back.. couldn't she just rest and be without work for once.

"Okay." She sighs out hoping he'd just change his mind about her having to tag along.

"Good." He dismisses pointing towards the door, she just scoffs leaving the place without protest.

She spent the rest of the day finishing up her school work despite fighting to keep her eyes open.

When she'd finished she then started to get dressed for the stupid dinner she had to go to.

"Beyoncé let's go!" Her father rushed her making her roll her eyes walking down the stairs where she saw her parents waiting for her dressed to impress

Or at least dressed to show off as far as she was concerned.

They all got into the car, their driver putting the address of the high class restaurant they were to be attending in the GPS.

The car ride was silent the only sounds being the cars passing by on the road.

Her parents seemed okay with it but to Beyoncé it was awkward as in way too awkward.

They were sitting so close yet it felt like they were worlds apart, they didn't even have the decency to ask how her school life was or what she'd been up to.

But the moment she made a little fuck up they'd be all up in her business, she decided not to even dwell on it as she looked out the window.

-

They walked into the beautifully designed restaurant, surely five star. The architecture was just beautiful especially the scenery outside.

 The architecture was just beautiful especially the scenery outside

A waiter had led them to a private booth were three people were spotted already sitting at the table.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting." Matthew said taking a seat, not even opening up the seat for his wife like he should have.

"It's okay, Matthew.. Tina and...?" The older man asked addressing her.

"Beyoncé." She says finally looking up from her heels at the man before looking at his wife and... son.

"Shawn?" She asks.

"In the flesh." The fish lips ass looking dude smirks being his usual cocky self.

"You know each other?" Tina asks.

"Yeah we go to the same school." Shawn says.

"Sadly." Beyoncé mumbles but luckily no one heard.

"Good, I guess that'll make this conversation easier." Shawn's mother said as they all took a seat.

Beyoncé was left a little confused at her statement.

"Make what easier?" She asks looking round the table for answers as a waiter came up to their table.

They all said their orders before finally the woman finally looked back at her.

"You and Shawn."

Beyoncé looked towards her parents confusedly, there was no her and Shawn.

In all honesty the boy was aggravating and had, had a crush on her since the tenth grade, she'd rejected him multiple times but he couldn't take a simple 'no'.

"Yes, Beyoncé you and Shawn are going to have to date." Matthew said simply like it was just that.

"What?!" The girl asks incredulously "I'm not dating Shawn!"

"Well you actually have to, maybe you could even fall in love and get married, I can actually see the connection between you both." Shawn's father said but you could still hear the firmness in his tone.

Shawn smiled at his father's words but Beyoncé was beyond pissed off.

"I'm not dating Shawn and that's final!" She states sharply but could feel a nail digging into her thighs from underneath the table— her mother.

"Beyoncé honey calm down." The woman gritted out.

"No and I'm going home!" She then stood up walking off, behind her she could hear her father's pleas to Shawn's father but that was the least of her concern now.

She's not dating Shawn and that's that.

-

"What the fuck was that, huh?!" Matthew screamed pulling the blanket off Beyonce's body waking her up from her sleep induced state.

She'd fallen asleep not long after she'd gotten home, after hours of trying to fight the sleep she just couldn't do it again and decided to just succumb to the sleep.

"You could have just fucking ruined a business deal worth millions!"

"I. Don't. Fucking. Care!" She matches her father's tone, not only was she irritated that he was forcing her to date Shawn for some stupid ass business deal that is probably not even up to a quarter of the family's already accumulated wealth but he'd also interrupted her sleep for this bullshit.

"You are going to date him and that's final probably even get married to him after college the faster you start having kids the better!"

"You are sick and pathetic!"

"Tell me something I don't already know, I've said what I said and you'll just have to deal with it!" He finalises walking out the room making sure to slam the door shut on his way out.

Beyoncé just sat on the bed bawling her eyes out..

She didn't want to date Shawn not now..not ever, he was persistent and wasn't her type in the slightest.

-