chapter 5

.
Reem's POV
.

My car came to a halt as I reached the driveway of my home, I looked at the person sitting on the passenger seat, she looked lost.

I felt so giddy from inside, it feels great to have her back, I smiled

"What are you thinking? We have reached home" I said trying to get the attention

"I was thinking about Mr Khan. Yeah I noticed we reached home" she replied looking at me, I smirked

"My my two meetings and you are already lost in his thoughts. If you have noticed we have reached home then why are you not getting out of the car" she scoffed

"He would be the last person in whose thoughts I can ever be lost. I am not getting off because I am talking to you"

"Ok! On a serious note, what is bothering you about him? We can talk inside the house also or if you want to continue here only"

"I didn't understand why he had to drag me here from all the way to Chandigarh, he selected a few more students, those are all in his Chandigarh office. Let's just talk here, it's more private"

"He definitely has something going in his idiotic head, and I'm sure it's about the car. My room is more private"

"If he thinks he can bring me here and take revenge for his stupid car, then he is highly mistaken, that's never gonna happen. Let's go to your room then. I can't wait to meet dad" she said, my face fell hearing about him.

She opened the door of the car, I imitated her action, we both got off, I waved at the guard to bring the luggage from the car. I moved towards the house and ring the bell.

"I know you are my Gabbar, you won't let him win ever, and you shouldn't expect dad, he must be asleep by now"

"Not only I will win, I will make him regret selecting him. Non sense, he knows I'm coming, he can't be asleep"

A maid answered the door and she ran inside immediately.

"Wow! That's quite a big house, baby. Where is dad?" She asked

"What is the point of having a big house i don't understand. And i told you that must be asl ..." I was cut by dad.

"Welcome welcome" dad came out of the dining area. And his wife was trailing behind him

"Heyyyy dad" she ran to him, he side hugged her and then patted her head.

I was quite surprised to see him, how come he stayed up till so late and waited for her. And why his wife was advertising toothpaste in front of her.

"Please introduce us also" his wife said

"Oh ya! Sorry. Avira, meet Ayesha, my second daughter and Reem's best friend. And ayesha, this is Re..."

"I know I know" she cut him off, "Assalamualaikum aunty" she said to her.

"What rubbish! Why are you calling me aunty? Call me Mom" she said and my eyes widened in shock. Why is she being so nice to her?

Ayesha looked at me and raised her eyebrows, I just rolled my eyes.

"Thank you so much, but I will call you aunty only, you don't give me "mom" vibe" she replied curtly. Her smile dropped and she looked taken aback, by Ayesha's straightforwardness

That's my Gabbar!

She and Ayesha continued talking, dad came to my side, I stiffened in his presence

"I am so happy that Ayesha is back, thinking about that now she will be with you, makes me a little relaxed. You really needed her" he patted my head. I stayed silent and looked anywhere but him