chapter 14

.
Athar's POV
.

I parked my car in the basement parking lot. And looked at my father who was sitting next to me.

"Papa I don't think you are required, I will manage" I said to papa as we exited the car

"Of course beta, I know you can manage, I just want to be there, Ahil is an old friend of mine, and if he is bringing a project to you I'm definitely interested in seeing it"

"You think I can't handle it" I asked

"You have handled a much bigger project on your own."

"So, why did you insist on coming?"

"I want to be a part of it, if that's not a problem. If you don't want me I will go back" he sighed dramatically, I smiled shaking my head

"You are more than welcome my drama dad" I said putting my arm over his shoulder, he chuckled

We both entered the elevator. When I joined the company, papa retired, it's been years since he has said goodbye to work, but once in a while he pays a visit to the office.

I don't fear my father, but I highly respect him. His way of work and mine is different. he is a very jovial person, and wants me to walk in his footsteps, which is really not my style.

The lift opened at the ground floor, there stood two men. They were about to enter the lift, but stopped when they saw me

"Sorry sir" they said in unison

"Why are you sorry son? Get inside" papa said to them with a big smile on his face, they looked at me, I narrowed my eyes at them

"No thank you" they said and quickly ran off from there

"Huh? What was that?" Papa asked

"Forget it" I said

I wonder if Ayesha is here yet, I wonder what punishment I can give her for coming late today.

The elevator stopped at the 25th floor and I exited the elevator along with papa. He was cheerfully greeting everyone with a big smile on his face, whereas I was quietly following him.

My eyes went to Ayesha's desk in search of her, a satisfied smirk made its way on my lips when I found her sitting there. She learnt to come on time.

I took papa towards my cabin, he stopped to talk with Rose. I went into the room.

After a minute papa walked in

"You didn't stop to greet your secretary" he scowled at me

"Oh come on it's not a big deal"

"You should make your staff feel good and happy, be nice and friendly with them" he said sternly.

"Ok"

He sat on the chair and picked up a magazine, he got busy reading it. I made a call to Rose and informed her to prepare the conference room for the meeting.

Afham Imam was coming for a meeting with me in half an hour. Imams are a big name in the business world. Afham is building a house for his parents, to give them, for their fortieth anniversary, but since his father is good friends with papa, he was adamant to be in the meeting.

There was a knock on the door, I gave my permission, the door opened and the person entered, it was Ayesha.

"Good morning" she smiled at papa and then looked at me, "conference room is ready and the guests will arrive in fifteen minutes" she said with a blank face