XXVII

Robyn had woken up first and had decided to make breakfast for the both of them.

The only thing on her mind being the kiss they'd shared the night before that she nearly burnt the eggs..

"What you cooking?"

Robyn jumps back startled by the voice, "don't pop up on me like that. And if you must know I'm making breakfast. I realized you don't know how to cook after taking a look at that.." Robyn says pointing to the dustbin that was full of takeaway plates "so I decided I'll just do it."

"First off I can cook... I just don't do it often."

"Mhmm.. whatever you say. Go get dressed for the day."

They were having breakfast when Robyn heard her phone beep, she looked it over seeing it was a message from her mother saying they'd extended their trip to two weeks maybe more.

Robyn just rolls her eyes in utter annoyance, well at least less people to feed..

"What is it?" Beyoncé asks seeing the sour expression on her face.

"My 'mother' just went on a lil vacation trip with her new boo." Robyn could literally gag at the sentence, at this point she wouldn't even be surprised if the lady had an STD.

"Onika's dad?"

"You guessed that right."

Beyoncé decided not too ask anymore questions since the look on Robyn's face obviously meant she didn't want to talk about it anymore.. I mean she wouldn't want to talk about it either the entire situation was just weird.

——

It was now Monday again, and neither Robyn nor Beyoncé had seen Onika in school all day leaving them a bit worried, Onika rarely ever missed school and plus they had an exam today.. Onika knew that, she'd never miss an exam even if it meant coming to school sick.

"I guess we could go over to her house?" Robyn suggested, she'd actually only suggested this since both her mom and Onika's dad had gone on some impromptu vacation for two weeks..

"Yeah after school."

After school both of them had picked Royalty up, they decided she'd just tag along since Robyn didn't want to burden Chris with having to look after her... again.

The house looked almost empty when they walked up the steps to the front door. They'd rang the doorbell multiple times with no reply, it was when Beyoncé had reached her hand to knock on the door that it had pushed open.

She raised a brow at that, the house was eerily silent but someone definitely had to be in it otherwise the door wouldn't have been open.

"Royalty you can go sit in the living room." Robyn says to the child as she goes to look for Onika.

This being Beyoncé's first time to walk into Onika's house she'd actually taken time to admire the decor, it looked nice but it wasn't homely at all, kinda reminded her of hers. There was no family pictures hung up on the wall, just expensive looking paintings...

While looking around the living room she suddenly heard a loud scream startling her, "What the mother fucking hell!" She could literally hear her heart pounding in her chest... Why would Robyn scream like that..

-

"W-what the fuck." Beyoncé kneels down next to Robyn who was in a serious panic as she tried getting her phone out her pocket.