Are you ready to experience the ghost frequency?

Welcome to 18.98: An ONC 2023 Thriller!

A note about the video before we begin: If you play it, you'll hear nothing. But be aware that this deep frequency can invoke anxiety and paranoia. Proceed with caution.

Despite my love for writing competitions here on Wattpad, this is my first time participating in Open Novella Contest. I'm excited to be a part of this with you! For those who don't know, ONC invites participants to write a Novella in three months using one of a set of prompts as inspiration. 

I chose prompt 42: The hero finally gets an opportunity for revenge but it comes at the cost of something meaningful to them.

Interested on what I came up with for this prompt? Read on!

It's referred to by several names: the ghost frequency, the haunted frequency, the fear infrasound.

You can't hear sound at 18.98 hertz, but your body feels it, and when it does, some believe you've opened yourself to the world of the supernatural.

Liv used to believe the ghost frequency was real, and so did her friend, Helina. While Liv came to shun this notion, Helina went in the opposite direction, becoming obsessed with using the ghost frequency to access a paranormal plane of existence. Now, Helina has gone missing, and her brother, Graham is convinced the ghost frequency has something to do with it... and Liv is the only one who can find her.

Liv agrees to help Graham search for his sister, but she brings with her memories of a fraught relationship and a great and unforgiveable harm done—a harm so deeply scarring, she's willing to do something terrible to gain revenge, even if it means losing Helina, and even herself, forever.

Thanks for checking out this story. The first chapter will be up soon!

 The first chapter will be up soon!