Ch.2 Hunt for food

~Y/n pov~

Gilyoung was the first to run to Dokja as he appeared.

The boy clung to the older male as Sangha and Hyunsung ran towards them.

It had been a few days since I ended up here.

At first, they seemed wary of me. It was only natural since when we met I was covered in blood.

They seemed to become less wary over the past few days and we've had a few conversations.

"I'm so sorry about what happened when we left you." Hyunsung sincerely apologised to Dokja, his voice breaking my train of thoughts.

I observed the scene in front of me.

Always an outsider...

"It's okay. You had no choice." Dokja replied nonchalantly.

The conversation was cut short by the sounding of thundering footsteps as we were surrounded by thugs with metal pipes.

I sighed and finally got to my feet, glaring at the men pointing weapons towards me.

A man in a suit glared at Dokja, "He shouldn't be here. Get him out of here."

Another man approached us, grabbing his shoulder as he smirked at us, "You should play nice. We're all survivors, after all. Pleased to meet you. Mind telling me your name? I'm Cheon Inho."

"Kim Dokja."

"The others who came with you told me that you fought monsters and saved me men." Inho smiled condescendingly, "Gather around everyone. This brave new member has brought everyone food."

I made note of the plastic bag Dokja was carrying as he faked a smile in response to Inho.

[ The constellation , Secretive Plotter, is excited ]

The group dispersed as Dokja suddenly turned to me, surprising me.

I didn't react as he stared at me and kept me face blank.

"Who are you? Joonghyuk seemed to know you." Dokja asked me suspiciously.

"I'm L/n Y/n and I have no idea how he knows me." I answered the first but honestly, "I have no idea who he is."

It's not that I don't know who he is... it's that it would be risky to reveal something like that.

I doubt he'd believe me.

Gilyoung grabbed my hand and smiled, "Y/n's really nice. I like her."

Dokja blinked at us and then seemed less cautious when he saw Gilyoung grab my hand.

The others found somewhere to sit and began to explain the system they had put in place here.

There are those who eat as much as they want and those who starve.

I glanced at Huiwon's sleeping face.

I don't think I'm needed in this world and I don't know the reason I'm here.

Maybe I should just try my best to survive and see if anything happens.

If I do that I should try and stick with characters I'm familiar with.

It doesn't make any sense... why does Joonghyuk recognise me?

~*~

"I'll share the food, but not for free." Dokja stated firmly, "I'm no charity worker and I don't trust these people. I'll only be accepting coins."

[The constellation, Secretive Plotter, scoffs ]

[A few constellations are relieved incarnation Kim Dokja is not an idiot ]