Ch.6 Capture the flag

~Y/n pov~

[Main scenario #3 - Emergency defence has ended]

[You have received 1,000 coins for your achievement]

It was then that Dokja shifted in his sleep and began to slowly wake up.

He moved to look up at me and blinked his eyes open.

His cheeks flushed as he realised his position but his facial expression turned blank when he saw Joonghyuk curled up beside me, resting his head on my other shoulder.

[The fourth main scenario will begin shortly]

I sighed once I saw the notification.

The scenarios are constant.

"I guess we should go." I finally spoke to Dokja.

Dokja nodded and reluctantly stood, "I'll wake up the others. Wake up, Joonghyuk."

Originally, he left Joonghyuk behind with Jihye.

Then again, Joonghyuk is laid on me.

Does he not want to leave me alone with Joonghyuk?

I gently shook Joonghyuk as he mumbled sleepily and buried his face into my shoulder.

His actions made me giggle at his cuteness.

Who knew someone like him could act so cute.

"Joonghyuk. Wake up." I murmured softly, running my fingers through his hair.

He hummed in response and slowly opened his eyes, "Y/n?"

"Yes." I replied curiously.

Joonghyuk sat up and tightened his hold on me, "Thank you. I love you."

I hesitated for a moment before responding quietly, "I love you too."

Once everyone was awake, Dokja came back over to me as Joonghyuk let go of me.

Dokja offered me his hand and pulled me up.

Jihye was still exhausted from earlier so I offered to carry her, lifting her onto my back as Huiwon carried Gilyoung.

~*~

"Where is that bastard called Dokja?" We heard a man shouting as we walked down the broken stairs, the middle part of the stairs had completely collapsed.

Sangah and Hyunsung turned to look at us with relieved expressions.

We all jumped over the crushed part of the stairs to join them.

"It's him! That bastard! Where has he been all this time?" The man yelled as he approached Dokja.

The conversation was cut short as a notification that got everyone's attention appeared.

[The fourth main scenario will begin in 5 minutes]

"Haha, how has everyone been? I can tell that you've been great from the looks on your faces." A Dokkaebi laughed as they materialised, "In the fourth scenario you will have to join forces with the other stations. But to proceed with this scenario, there is a prerequisite mission that you must complete."

Jihye started to stir as the scenario was being explained, she gently patted my shoulder as a silent way to ask me to put her down.

She smiled at me and nodded her head to show her thanks.

I nodded back.