40 | I Don't Want Space From You

12.07.2023📍

After a little while, Jimin opens his eyes. He sees Jungkook's face up close, and his eyes widen on instincts. Without making any noise, he stays lying in the same position.

His hand moves on its own, and he caresses Jungkook's face, ruffling his hair at the end. Jungkook suddenly opens his eyes, Jimin immediately retracts his hand and gets up. His cheeks turn red.

"You sleep so peacefully." Jungkook comments, adjusting his hair after sitting straight.
"I wasn't able to sleep last night..." Jimin replies biting his lips.

"Maybe you should sleep with me tonight." Jungkook says with no sense of tease in his voice. Jimin looks at him with wide-saucer eyes. "Don't talk like that..."

He opens his book and places it standing on the table to hide behind it. Jungkook chuckles and shakes his head. He opens his own books too and they start studying.

.

"Jimin... Can you not help me with my studies..."
"I don't hear you!"
"Jungkook he said people only kiss when they love- mmhh"

Jimin covers his mouth, his breath quickens and his pulse races in that small span of time.

"What do I do with you Kim Taehyung!!!" He whines leaving his mouth and sits with his head held in hands.

Jungkook looks at Jimin with a side smirk. He guessed already Jimin was not ready for the kiss! He didn't know this was the reason.

"Are you helping me now?"
"You have some guts to ask that after this big of a betrayal Kim Taehyung!"
"Stop calling me Kim Taehyung all the time... It hurts little souly!"

"Give me your book Kim Taehyung!"
"Jungkook he also said-"
"TAEEEEEE!!!!!"

Taehyung giggles loudly at that. He's such a brat sometimes, and he knows! Jungkook looks at both of them and feels something burning in his chest. He doesn't want to think much about it, but he can't help but be jealous.

He stands up from the table and collects his books. "Are you going home?" Jimin asks, he only hums. Jimin stands up too. "Okay. Let's go..." Jimin pokes his tongue out towards Taehyung before following Jungkook.

Jungkook gets on his bike and waits for Jimin to slowly adjust behind him. He's still very much scared of two-wheelers.

After they reach home, Jungkook wordlessly walks towards his room. Jimin feels something off about him. "Jungkook... Are you okay?"

"Yes... I just needed a break from everything... I'm still kind of new in social world..." He says, not wanting to sound too rude to Jimin.

"Oh- you can tell me next time... I will give you your space..." Jimin mutters lowly. It pricks at Jungkook's heart. He doesn't turn though.

Jimin enters his room and closes the door behind him. He doesn't know why he felt bite in Jungkook's words. But he will respect his space no matter what.

His mind tries to push the idea that Jungkook is not interested in him anymore but he quickly disregards it.

But then again, it might be true that Jungkook doesn't like him anymore. "Maybe because I don't let him kiss me... Or don't let him t-touch me..."

He sulks inside the washroom for a while, not able to meet his own eyes in the mirror.

.

When he comes out after freshening up, he sees Jungkook sitting on his bed. An instant smile comes upon his face.