Arc 1, Chapter 1: Winds of Change.

𝓐𝓡𝓚 𝓞𝓝𝓔: 𝓐 𝓝𝓔𝓦 𝓟𝓞𝓦𝓔𝓡

---

OJ opened the hotel doors after he had unlocked them. He then sighed and dusted his hands off and turned to Paper. OJ smiled and sat next to Paper on the couch he had been sitting on.

"Hey Paper, what are you doing?" OJ asked as he leaned back in his seat. And crossed his legs.

Paper flinched as he noticed OJ sit next him. "O-oh! Ahaha... I'm just reading! That's all." Paper smiled at OJ and fixed his book to be positioned near his own face.

"What are you reading?" OJ asked as he raised an eyebrow. He still had a smile on his face, and seemed genuinely interested.

"O-oh! It's about Object mythology, y'know gods and stuff. It's quite interesting!" Paper laughed nervously, a bit embarrassed to admit.

"Gods? Psh, that stuff is fun to read, but I don't really believe in it. Ahah..." OJ mumbled as he leaned on the arm of the couch, and rested his face in his palm.

"Oh. Yeah, I know that! It's just fun to read about myths and legends! Seeing how they protected us y'know? Legends are neat! That's why I like reading them. A distraction from my anxiety." Paper explained and then stuck his face back in his book.

OJ laughed and then sighed with a smile. "Whatever you say, love." OJ smirked.

Paper turned bright red and slammed the book down on his lap. "OJJJJ! I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!!!" Paper whined in embarrassment.

"Whaaat? We're married. I have the ring, and the right, to call you that~!" OJ said with a smug look on his face.

"Oh you're the worst!" Paper frowned in retaliation and leaned against OJ as he kept reading.

"Just terrible." OJ teased.

Lightbulb walked into the room with Paintbrush, and Baxter on her head. She laughed and ran into the kitchen, supposedly to get a snack. That hopefully wasn't the cutlery handles again.

Paintbrush sighed and waited for her outside the door. They looked pretty bored. Maybe because the movie they were planning on watching hadn't been started yet because Lightbulb wanted to get a snack first.

Nickel was also in the lobby. He was talking with Baseball, probably about the competition. Since there hasn't been a new episode in a while, the remaining four contestants had a lot of free time.

Fan and Test Tube chatted near the stairs to avoid being in the middle of the room. So attention wasn't drawn to them, for the most part, since they usually talked about nerdy things, and had some form of social anxiety. Mostly Test Tube.

Suddenly Balloon STORMED through the doors and started yelling at OJ. "OJ!!! YOU LOCKED ME OUT AGAIN!" Balloon screamed as he stomped his foot down on the wood flooring.

"We're you out past 12:00pm?" OJ asked as he raised his eyebrow. And had a firm grip on Paper, who had nearly fell off the couch from being startled.

"YOU KNOW FOR A FACT YOU DO A HEADCOUNT BEFORE YOU SHUT THE HOTEL DOORS!" Balloon fumed as he clenched his fists.

"Well, I forgot about you, okay? I have a lot of things on my plate right now." OJ scoffed and helped Paper sit back where he had been.