chapter eighteen

*edited*

"She looks just like a dream

The prettiest girl I've ever seen,"

                                       - SOMETHING ABOUT YOU

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N's POV:

I took a deep breath as I washed my wash in cold water.

The water was extra cold and numbed my face as it was raining heavily outside.

I had a sore head to which Hoseok gave me a tablet which helped me ease the pain for a few seconds and the pain went within a few minutes.

I smelled horrible as I slept the next second my body met in contact with the bed, no change of clothes, nothing.

I could see the dark circles under my eyes and my eyes, were bloodshot.

I sighed, this time a bit louder as I looked at the sky.

Not even a hint or hue or red was seen, everything covered with big grey cottons.

It was nice to look at the lake as I wondered if they would allow me to take a dip in it.

I took off my clothes as I stepped in the mirror. I waited for the water to turn lukewarm as I walked towards the shower.

I feel nothing. Internally, I don't know what I am feeling. I am not happy neither nor sad. Just feeling empty, the alcohol of yesterday helped me put this not-so-horrible reality in the back of my mind.

I massaged my aching neck as my other hand took out the soap and scrubber.

An unknown smile crept to my face as the soap was lavender and it calmed down my wrecking nerves. It suddenly boosted my energy. Robert Frost was right, even little things can change the mood of a person. Little things are enough to make a person alright.

I decided not to immerse in this empty feeling and force myself to be happy.

I got out of the shower singing a melody I once heard on the radio back on earth as I went to my closet.

I picked out a coffee brown shirt with puffed-out hands that had a beautiful embroidery of a sparrow on the chest. I matched it with a pair of dark brown tailored trousers and a coat.

I clipped half of my hair with a butterfly hairclip and let the others down. I went for a dark circle cream and some light makeup. I took my phone out and put it in my pocket as I walked out of my room wearing medium-heeled black matte ballerina shoes.

I wanted to look bold and mature today, like an independent feminine nature.

I walked out to the front to see Hoseok and Namjoon dressed formally, Hoseok wearing a black and white collar shirt and some trousers while Namjoon wore a deep blue collared shirt and black trousers. Both had their hands on their shirt rolled up and held lab coats in their arms.

"Good morning, Y/n," wished Hoseok.

"Good morning both of you," I replied as we both walked to the kitchen.

There was Jungkook and Taehyung. Both wearing black shirts and shorts.

"Y/n, don't worry. Nothing painful or scary to experience," assured Taehyung to which I nodded.

Jungkook came up to me, bent down to my ear and whispered:

"Y/n, please don't freak out. Don't act tough, I can read you inside out. I know this is hard to digest, but don't go hard on yourself,"